“We came back to the Rosewood”
Review of Rosewood Cafe

Rosewood Cafe
Ranked #49 of 800 Restaurants in Tacoma
Reviewed August 7, 2013

When we first entered the Rosewood ––years ago shortly after it opened –– we encountered an indifferent waitstaff and a manager with the social skills of Jabba the Hutt. Even though the place was almost empty, they refused to put two tables together for our larger party. We responded with a boycott (and a girlcott, too! Take that!)

We returned a couple of weeks ago at the urging of our millennial contingent, and what a change! Jabba was gone. The interior had been redesigned, and street-sided seating added along 26th. The menu features tasty variations for comfort foodies at reasonable prices. I had the chicken pot pie. Crust was perfectly executed, chicken not the processed cubes of my Banquet childhood, and lots of potatoes inside with an interesting sauce. Our millennials, refusing to endorse chicken waterboarding, opted for Mac N Cheese and Eggplant Pot Pie. Faithful companion had the salmon. Nicely done, across the board.

Efficient service, pleasant atmosphere and sheltered location just down the hill from Proctor District.

The Rosewood is now on our roster of regular lunch places. Check it out!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went with my husband. The food was not good. The beer was served warm. the coffee was not fresh. The dressing for my salad was putrid (Asian chicken salad). My husband's macaroni had more milk than cheese and no flavor.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went on a sunny late lunchtime and enjoyed their pasta and bread and lemonade. The flowers were in bloom - the sky blue - the food was wonderful and the staff helpful and attentive. Just what lunchtime should be.

1  Thank Ian P
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great quality home-cooked soups, salads and sandwiches! Delicious and very friendly staff and quaint spot in the neighborhood

1  Thank Andrea W
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I had driven by here previously, saw the crowds and vowed to try it out. We tried it for dinner and were very happy. I had the smoked bacon mac and cheese which was perfect (and Im not a big mac and cheese person!). He had the curry eggplant pot pie which he enjoyed as well. We ordered two side salads to go with our dinners. I will say the balsamic vinaigrette was more oil than vinegar which was a turn off for me but I would just order a different dressing next time. We enjoyed it and I look forward to returning to try their sandwiches.

1  Thank Jenwee