“Fresh and tasty!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Great food, good service. Love the halibut tacos! Seafood dishes are fresher than any Mexican restaurant I've tried. The mole dishes are to die for! I've been there about five times and will keep returning.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We could tell there were a lot of regulars & returning diners in this restaurant because they knew the waiters by name. We won't be returning. It was just average tasting Mexican food, that needed some additional spices. Fortunately, our waitress brought us many cups of salsa to help spice up the food. We waited 45 minutes from the time we ordered, until our food arrived. How could it possibly take so long to prepare a beef burrito & a chicken taco salad? Thank goodness for the chips & salsa. In an area with so many good restaurants, this wouldn't be my reccomendation.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We've been to this nice little spot three times now - each time it was just right - really great food, really good service, great atmosphere, and very happy diners!
The menu has a nice variety, good sized portions .... I want to go there right now!

It's located in the Proctor District in Tacoma, plenty to do before and after you dine there!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I've been on the search for affordable, casual, and tasty Mexican food...based on reviews, I tried La Fondita II with my husband on a Saturday for lunch. I was not impressed. While the place was about 80% full, the service was extremely slow. Our waitress was very friendly and polite, just seemed overwhelmed and unable to keep up with everyone there. We asked for more salsa 2 times, and ended up not getting it.

The food---was bland. I've had a LOT of mexican food at a range of restaurant types from taco trucks to fancy Mexican restaurants. The price was average ($7-10 for lunch entree) but the food was bland. I ordered a chicken burrito-it was not well-seasoned, and we had to add a lot of jalapenos and hot sauce to get any flavor. My husband ordered the chicken enchiladas...the rice was not bad, but the black beans lacked any flavor, and the chicken was bland.

Portions are big--so if you like basic cheese, chicken, maybe some beans and don't care much for layers of flavor, then this will satisfy...but unfortunately, Chipotle is tastier. Some cilantro, a little pepper, it just needs something more to make me want to return.

The restaurant has a casual bar and is in a good location in the Proctor District--so it's somewhere I would return for a drink and some salsa/chips, but definitely not for a meal.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Food is very good ! Classic and traditional Mexican food , margaritas are awesome !!!! Service is ok but no great!!! At 9:50 pm we ordered 2 more margaritas and the server commented in 5 more minutes we will close!!!! We did not pay attention to the comment but was not nice .

Been to La Fondita II? Share your experiences!