“Authentic, consistent, great value.”
Review of Vuelve A La Vida

Vuelve A La Vida
Ranked #77 of 801 Restaurants in Tacoma
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I love Vuelve a la Vida. I like saying the name. I love how you get a slice of beef with your chicken burrito. I love the Carne Asada. I love the Mole. I love the Horchata. It would be made better if they ever get their liquor license and don't have to sell wine-based Margaritas. That just doesn't work!

1  Thank Rohjay

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Don't think about asking for chips and salsa - unless you want to hear a 20 minute diatribe about why you won't get them! To me, the tell of good Mexican food is when I see actual Mexican's eating it - and this place has them. The second thing I look for is hand made tortillas - and it has them too. I was so excited I almost clapped my hands together! I could eat an entire stack of them and call it good - but then I would miss carne asada - and you shouldn't miss that!

1  Thank MKGirl-GoingMyWay
Reviewed June 23, 2011

The tacos are great and really cheap. I had the three taco platter with rice and beans. Their homemade guacamole sauce is also amazing on the tacos. However- they do not serve salsa and chips at all. All in all, I thought it was excellent.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

If you're looking for the standard fare of Mexican food, you will be disappointed (they don't even serve chips!). This is not Tex-Mex.

But, if you are looking for something out of the ordinary, something authentic....this place is for you.

The Siete Mare was outstanding (a Mexican take on bouillabaisse) as was their grilled fish tacos. The guacamole was fresh and chunky!

Been to Vuelve A La Vida? Share your experiences!