“Happy mouth breakfast”
Review of Alfred's Cafe

Alfred's Cafe
Ranked #71 of 801 Restaurants in Tacoma
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Wonderful service!! A delightful breakfast food selection. Taste is even better. Clean, cozy and a history of Tacoma. Bring your smiles and you'll be rewarded.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

After a disappointing trip to the museum of glass we were looking for a place to eat lunch. We drove past Alfred's and I told my fiance to turn around. It was a great little pub/restaurant. Nothing fancy, but nice decor, nice bathroom, clean, great service and great food. The food came out fast and hot and didn't break the bank. I would highly recommend the Reuben sandwich, the cole slaw and the homemade chips.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was in the area for a workshop and this was one of the closest places around. I checked tripadvisor before heading out and saw all the great reviews. The staff was friendly, the food was good, but it has its drawbacks.

If you're in a time-crunch, this is not the place for you. We got back to the workshop a few minutes late (and we had an hour lunch).

The food was fresh and the portions were great, but the majority of it was pub-style food. By its nature this type of food is a little greasy.

All in all, if I am invited again I would go but I won't search out the restaurant on my own.

1  Thank Petronellatart
Reviewed January 11, 2013

love the food and love the staff. I have been here several times and never disappointed. Be sure to stop by for a drink (if you can get in) before a concert or the next day after for breakfast. we have seen several bands or members of bands in here to eat.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Alfred's has a lot of history so be sure to ask a staff person about it. The comfort food is good and reasonably priced. It's located in the Dome district and Freighthouse Square is a block away if you want to shop.

Been to Alfred's Cafe? Share your experiences!