“fun”
Review of El Gaucho Tacoma

El Gaucho Tacoma
Reserve with OpenTable
El Gaucho Tacoma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 757 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between S 21st & S 23rd Streets
Description: For years, discriminating diners have trusted the establishments of Paul Mackay to turn landmark occasions into lasting memories. At El Gaucho Tacoma, you and your guest will be treated to the ultimate dining experience, including the attentive tableside service that is the Mackay hallmark. Step back in time to an era of uncompromising service and total indulgence, where the smallest of details are considered the most basic ingredients of your visit. We set the stage for an extraordinary event that will exceed your every expectation.
East Olympia, Washington, United States
“fun”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

great friendly staff, comfy and colorful decor. Festive atmosphere. Good authentic Mexican fare. Family Friendly

We will continue to eat here.

Visited August 2012

Pendleton, Oregon
“An old favorite that I keep coming back too!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Fabulous as always! The service was impeccable and the tenderloin brochette-to die for! The fruit and cheese plate at the end of the meal was also a nicely added touch.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank gcoop75
Seattle
“Good Food ... Great Service ... Simply the Best!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

First thing ... yes it is expensive, but it is also the best 2 and a half hours for my money. Rule of thumb - expect to spend $100 per person ... a little more if you order a bottle of wine.

The service is very good ... they are very attentive, knowledgeable, and compliant ... when asked to give us 15 minutes to enjoy our drinks before taking our food order, the server basically said very good, went away and then promptly returned 15 minutes later to take our order ... there is no rush from the staff, I set the pace.

The ambiance is very nice ... especially with the piano player. The lighting varies quite a bit ... some areas are better lit than other. If there is anything I would like the management to address is the lighting issue ... when you see guests using small pen flashlights to read the menu, that area is just too dark.

My favorite thing about my time at El Gaucho is their great wine list ... I would guess they have at least 100 wines to choose from, with prices ranging from about $40 to $800 a bottle. Needless to say, their mix drink choices are pretty expansive as well.

My experience with the food has always been very good and my meal is always prepared as I ordered it. My favorite entree is a tie between the Rack of Lamb and the Rib Chop (bone-in Ribeye) cooked to "Rare-plus." I'd be hard pressed to name another restaurant that can prepare either of these two entree's better than El Gaucho ... and I've been to many very fine restaurants in the United States.

So, yes it is expensive here. But remember, you're actually paying for the whole experience of fine dinning ... and not just for the food and drinks.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank treerod1
Seattle, Washington
“Great Special Occasion Restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have been to El Gaucho several times and enjoyed it every time. This last visit was probably the best experience we've ever had there. The food is outstanding - from the Caesar salad made at your table side, to the many wonderful selections of beef and fish, very tasty side dishes, and a wonderful wine list. The staff is friendly and the service is top notch. I would like to see a few more items added to the dessert menu, as none of the desserts grabbed my attention. But overall it was a great dinner and a wonderful experience. We will be back!

• Visited September 2012
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Best Restaurant in Tacoma”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

High end steakhouse, with outstanding food, superior wine list and awesome service. Not cheap. Tableside prepared Caesar salad is superb. Go for a special occasion.

Visited December 2011

Been to El Gaucho Tacoma? Share your experiences!