“Pick Quick is...”

Ranked #56 of 751 Restaurants in Tacoma
Auburn, Washington
“Pick Quick is...”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

a very good, old-time drive-in in Fife. They also have a newer location in Auburn which has some indoor seating. I've been to the Fife location quite a few times and the Auburn location just once. I'd rate both really good. I get the double deluxe hamburger (not a cheeseburger fan). There's sort of an ongoing dispute among local old-time hamburger lovers around here...Frisko Freeze or Pick Quick. I'll admit I'm a Frisko Freeze guy, but I have several friends who go with Pick Quick and I have no problem going there because it's a great place. Try it, you'll like it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Roadtrip E

• Korean first
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
“Quaint step back in time”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved the burgers and the fries were great because they were skinny and had the skin on them. We had a salted caramel shake and blackberry. There is seating behind on the cleanest picnic tables ever. They were even going around cleaning them and picking up food off of the grass. The flowers around made for a wonderful surrounding.

There are no onion rings sold here as one trip advisor said. You will enjoy.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank gardeningteacher8
Bellevue, Washington
“old time goodness, must visit”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Burgers are great, location is wonderful right off the freeway. The picnic area is a wonderful extra on a hot day. Must visit.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Steve F
Seattle, Washington
“Best Burger Around”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I live in Tacoma, but when I want a burger, fries and shake, it is hands down Pick Quick Drive-In located in Fife. No sit down dining area, but has picnic benches in a park like setting. This is an old school burger joint. I prefer the double burger over the single burger. Prices are fantastic for what you get - the best burger around. Only downside, they are closed in December and January.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank DolceVitaGal1956
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Old-style hamburger stand serves up great burgers”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Pick Quick Drive-In is a small, stand-alone, old fashioned, independently owned hamburger takeout stand that has been a mainstay on Pacific Avenue in Tacoma like just about forever. For years I've driven past it on my way to do some errand or another, and almost every time there's been a lineup. This time, I decided to stop and try it. There's a farily ample area for parking in front and to the side, and behind that is a very nice and clean, grassy area with several picnic tables, a pleasant surprise, since there is no inside seating -- it is strictly takeout, or eat in the little park. The menu is basic hamburger stand -- several offerings of hamburgers and cheeseburgers, a couple of other kinds of sandwiches, a wide variety of shake flavors, sodas, various kinds of fries and onion rings, etc. Standing in a fairly short line gave me time to peruse the menu. From the menu that includes a good variety of hamburgers, I chose the deluxe, quarter pounder cheeseburger, and their special milkshake flavor of the day, chocolate caramel. The burger was absolutely one of the best I've ever had --it was light years removed from McDonald's squishy, smashed down, mass produced quarter pounder. Pick Quick's was hot, delicious, handmade to order, and piled high with toppings. The chocolate caramel shake was rich and so thick they seved it with a spoon instead of a straw.

Inside the hamburger stand were about four people each one hustling at their assinged jobs as fast as they could to keep up with the customers, but when my turn came to order, the lady at the wsindow was as gracious as could be in answering my various questions, and never rushed me. So add good, friendly service to the outstanding quality of the menu.

This unique stand reminded me very much of some of the old hamburger stands and diners from the 1940s and 50s my wife and I visited on our 6,500 mile trip across America, including all of Route 66 in our old T-Bird, a few years ago. This stand would have been right at home on old Route 66. If you are in Tacoma and want to know what a really outstanding, individually made to order hamburger tastes like, head to the Quick Pick Drive-In. I know I will.

• Visited April 2013