“Perfect!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2012

It has been years since I have dined at this cute little restaurant in Parkland located by Pacific Lutheran University (which is near Tacoma but not in Tacoma). They remodeled a bit, still very cozy and charming. Service was spot on. Good wine list with a nice range of prices. Food was top notch, ending with a perfectly made cappuccino and an in-house made white chocolate cheesecake. We won't wait so long to go back. Just make sure you call ahead for reservations as they are busy and obviously for good reason.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

First of all, this restaurant is not in Tacoma. It's in Parkland just a half block away from Pacific Lutheran University. Second, don't even think about stopping by without a reservation. This place is popular, and for good reason. We have been eating here for 20 years and the quality of the food is always superb. Our favorites include chicken parmigiana (no longer on the menu), chicken picatta and the garngonzola chicken. Each menu item is full of flavor and well prepared. The dinner salads are excellent, the bread they provide with your meal is excellent. It's all excellent. If you can, save room for dessert. The tiramasu here is the best I have had.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

What an amazing place and an amazing atmosphere! The food itself is beyond amazing. It is a good distance from downtown but definetly worth the drive! Overall I reccomend this restaurant all the time!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Found this restaurant on tripadvisor, and since it is only a mile from my house I thought I would surprise my husband with a night out for dinner. I made reservations for us 2 days in advance, and it was not difficult to get a preferable time. When we got there we were asked if we wanted to be seated inside or out. We chose inside, but definitely should have sat outside. We were seated at a corner table next to a party of 8. The restaurant is an old house, which is set up very nice. The only problem was that I could barely hear our waitress, and didn't stand a chance hearing my husband. So needless to say it was a very quiet dinner on our part. We had looked at the menu online the night before, and picked out what we were going to eat in advance. We originally chose the spaghetti and the salumi pizza, which both sounded delicious and were reasonably priced. When we got there, and saw the specials we changed our minds. I ended up getting the aged beef angus with mashed potatoes and asparagus (the actual title was a lot more detailed and fancy, but this is what I was served) for $30. My husband got the dungess crab and shrimp cakes with pasta and asparagus for $24. Both of these meals were delicious, but over priced in our opinion. We originally planned on spending around $50 with a 20% tip, and we probably would have if we would have stuck with our original choices, but we ended up spending $80. The staff were very friendly, and constantly made sure our glasses were full and that we were content. So, other than the pricing of the meals and the corner table we were happy with the overall experience. Next time we will ask for a better table, and definitely stick with our original choices.

2  Thank KimiC4
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have relatives who live near Marzanos and they have always raved about it so we went there recently and it was wonderful. We went on a Wednesday night and thank goodness we had reservations because the place was packed. Two of us had the Linguine de Mare and it was wonderful, but it could have used a bit more linguine. My wife had the Chicken Piccata and it was almost too much for her...a bit heavy on the pasta, but the chicken was delicious since I got to finish it! Salad comes with your meal and it is a delightful mixture of fresh greens and just enough dressing. They also brought a basket of fresh and hot sourdough bread with the salad, but I was a bit annoyed with the menu notation that extra bread would be $2.00. Really...is that necessary? The desserts are to die for and we had a hard time making our selections. We wanted the canneloni, but there was only one left so we all fought over it and it was delicious.