“Good Mexican food, cheap!”
Review of Tacos Guaymas

Tacos Guaymas
Ranked #169 of 774 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My brother in law and mother in law recommended this place and they didn't steer us wrong! I had two of the best tacos I have ever tasted, the carnitas (especially yummy) and the carne asada. Husband and brother in law both had tacos that they were very pleased with. Mother in law and sister in law both got carnitas in an appetizer, and it was a large helping. The 5 of us ate for less than $25. If you are looking for ambiance, this isn't your place; if you want good food cheap, this is your spot.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have been visiting this place for several years and have discovered that they do their best job at the "real" Mexican food ... Menudo, Carnitas, Lengua, etc. The stuff that the majority of the "gringos" order (enchilada, tamale, tacos, etc) is just OK.

However, when you order combination plates, COME HUNGRY! The Carnitas plate is a platter! And the wet burrito is HUGE! We always take stuff home and I am a BIG eater!

The salsa bar is GREAT! They make a lot of their own stuff and we have never been disappointed ... although sometimes it is hotter than other times. But that is what you get when it is made fresh daily.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I got turned on to the original location for this chain by a friend. The food is amazing, the portions huge, the price reasonable to downright inexpensive for the quality. So many Mexican food places lose native foods to appease the American palate, this one didn't. You can order cheek, tongue and other goodies off the menu.

The owner is an inspiring true story of hard work, persistence and drive to make it. The food reflects his passion to bring you the best he can and value YOUR hard work in making your money.

I go at least once a year even though I work hard and have little money to spend.

Go. Experience. Enjoy. And share with your friends...

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Restaurant appears to be an old BK. Food order was taken by a very nice man, who might actually own the place. The same person who took our order also served our food. The food was fresh, hot, and a good portion size. After eating this food, I wanted to take off my shoes and wiggle my toes! After eating at the restaurant, I felt like I just had a Mexican meal at a good friend's house. Yes, it is that good!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Maybe I shouldn't rate Tacos Guaymas, I get the same thing every time I go there, so the rest of the menu could be horrible! But the Chile Colorado burrito is out of this world, and enough for two meals.

Been to Tacos Guaymas? Share your experiences!