“Quaint and Pleasing”
Review of Over the Moon Cafe

Over the Moon Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Over the Moon Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 754 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th between St. Helens and Broadway
Transit: Bus stops are located 1/2 block above on St. Helens and one block below on Broadway.
Description: We are a small family owned and operated boutique-style scratch kitchen restaurant. We serve northwest American style cuisine with European influence.
“Quaint and Pleasing”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Had a late lunch with my wife at Over the Moon Café and found the place wonderful. It was our first time there but won't be the last. The food, ambiance and service were all right on target. My wife and both had the crab bisque which was delightful. Not overly creamed like so many places, and sweet chunks of crab throughout. I then had a half Monte Christo with potato salad. The Over the Moon version of a Monte Christo is far more elegant than the original, plus baked, not fried. Really good. The potato salad was anchored in a dill seasoning and very fresh. For desert... we had to try one of the great deserts... we did the deconstructed apple crisp with ice cream and cheddar. Well worth trying.
Really enjoyed this vista and highly recommend Over the Moon Café to anyone looking for something a little more interesting and unique than the norm. I'll likely see you there.

Visited January 2014

Tacoma, Washington, United States
“Christmas Eve in Europe”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I love Over the Moon Cafe and have enjoyed all the wonderful foods they prepare. We chose to celebrate Christmas Eve with our adult children in this cozy Tacoma eatery. We arrived to find that they had booked our table as they do in Europe ( At least for the holiday) Each table was booked, but it was for the evening and all the diners seemed to enjoy the same extravagance of a fabulous meal without the rush of an impending turnover. The lamb is so very good, and the crab bisque not to be missed, They have a very fine wine list but I was more than happy with their house special. It is not a large spot, but that is part of its charm. Don't miss this one if you like to try great spots in Tacoma.

• Visited December 2013
Bellevue
“Wonderful lunch and good value!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

After visiting the Museum of Glass, we headed to a lovely lunch, thanks to Tripadvisor reviews, at the Over the Moon Cafe, and we were so very glad that we did. Even though it is located in a tight alley, we found street parking without a problem. Without a reservation, we managed to (thankfully) get the last table available.

I ordered a cup of split pea soup, a special of the day, and it was delightful. Tasty and just the right consistency (although I added a pinch of salt to pick up the flavor a bit). What followed was one of the most enjoyable lunch sandwiches I've ever experienced. The Monte Cristo sandwich with proscuitto, gruyere cheese, and honey dijon sauce, served with red rasperry preserves is like eating dessert for lunch -- rich, tasty, cheesy and fabulous!

My lunch partners equally enjoyed their sandwiches -- the roasted portobello and the grilled chicken sandwich. Service was excellent and I loved the upscale experience of dining with black tablecloths and napkins even though it was just a Saturday lunch.

I think this restaurant is high value for prices charged. I wouldn't hesitate to go back during my next visit to Tacoma.

• Visited November 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“Only had time for appetizers - but will go back!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had time limitations (going to a play), so we just ordered appetizers and a dessert. The food was excellent, and I would go back just to get a bowl of crab bisque, which was excellent. Their menu had several entree selections that sounded great. The service was excellent, and the atmosphere was cozy (a small place) but very nice. It is also only a short walk form the theatre area in Tacoma. Their website is: overthemooncafe.net

I would highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited November 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Very Good Food in a Very Fun Place”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Found this restaurant in a quaint alley in Tacoma. The impression looking from the outside was " I wonder what lies within"? Inside the restaurant is split betweee two levels and to say that it is eclectic in decor is an understatement. My wife and I were smiling as we looked around. You can ask for specific tables (some of which have interesting chairs) when you make your reservation.

The food was very, very good. My wife had the salmon prepared with a bourbon glaze. She loved it. I had the scallops over pasta, with basil pesto and other spices. Again . . . it was very delicious. They served an asiago bread that was to die for . . . . really it was.

Check out the desserts . . . . Oh, my gosh !!! We had the cinnamon roll cake and the turtle pie.
The prices are reasonable for what you receive. The service was very attentive and pleasant.

We will be going back again soon.

• Visited October 2013