“Nice Tacoma Hotel - Good Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tacoma-Mall
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just returned from a one night stay at this hotel and it was a very good experience. The hotel is right off of I-5 south of the Tacoma Mall. It is very clean and updated. Nice front desk staff, they even call you after you get settled to see if your room is ok. The rooms have comfy beds, updated linens, flat screen TV's, a microwave, refrigerator and small coffee maker, as well as plug ins for charging phones, etc. Free WIFI is easy to connect to. It looked like their work out area was nice and the pool was small but adequate for the kids. There is also a nice outdoor courtyard off of the pool that has tables and chairs.

The free breakfast was good but not the best I have seen. Waffle makers, sausage patties, pre-made omlets with cheese, oatmeal, cold cereal, pastries, fruit, yogurt, etc. They also offered free coffee, cider and hot chocolate by the front desk and fresh baked cookies in the evening. There aren't that many restaurants really close to the hotel. We did eat at the Great Wall Chinese Buffet that was right next door. It was pretty good, I did a separate review in the restaurants section.

The reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars was that I specifically asked if we could get 2 rooms either next to each other or fairly close to each other since they don't have adjoining rooms and I didn't want my kids running down the hall to get to grandma's room but they put us in rooms that were a good ways apart. When I called down to the front desk and asked about moving she said they could put us in two rooms across from each other on the floor below - which would have been nice if they had just done that when we checked in. We ended up staying in our original rooms because my parents had already "settled in" their room.

Overall this was a great hotel and I would definitely recommend it and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is at the end of the hall on the 4th (top) floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 18, 2013

nice, clean hotel with wonderful hotel staff and complimentary breakfast. In general it's safe. not far away there is a chinese restaurant named Yen Ching providing very authentic delicious chinese food. will definitely stay in this hotel next time

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kuiran M J
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The staff was friendly on our arrival and we found the hotel was very clean. We have stayed in this hotel in the past and have found it to offer very consistent service. We had a great room that served us well throughout our stay and the location just off HWY 5 is very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a great night stay. They were able to transfer me from my other hotel to this one without issue and did not charge me for it, which was great since this hotel was closer to my business location. The front desk was out of cold water in the fridge so they gave me two bottles for free... which again, it's the little things that matter the most. Check in was quick, and the room was great and very comfortable. the location had me skeptical but they had a nice fence in place that was locked at night so I had peace of mind with my car. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Clinton R
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were in Tacoma to visit our Sr Airman at McChord. The location was main the reason we chose the Hampton Inn. The staff was extremely polite and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. We couldn't have asked for anything better in our lodgings for a long weekend stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This Hilton family hotel was great. They offered us early check in and switched rooms to accommodate our early arrival. Britany at the front desk was super efficient and very pleasant. There was plenty of secure parking and several restaurants within a few blocks. The breakfast is included and there was plenty of seating (which isn't always the case with hotels that include breakfast). Our room was very spacious. Free wi-fi made for easy access to emails, etc. There is ample space in the bathroom with a. Ery roomy walkin shower. We are very impressed with Hampton Inn.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CoriLynne
Reviewed July 28, 2013

It's always comforting to return to a hotel that: 1) remembers your preferences 2) is clean 3) Secure 4) Tasty complimentary breakfast that includes both hot and cold items 5) Warm cookies upon arrival

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business