“Bugs!” 1 of 5 stars

Travelodge Tacoma Near McChord AFB
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
“Bugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This place is dirty, smells bad and has bugs! Sitting on the bed, and a spider dropped from the ceiling and onto my leg. Sat on the bed for a few minutes and started itching. We left. We were promised a refund. If it doesn't go through, you can be sure we'll be calling the credit card company to fight that charge!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank MfromAk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I didn't actually expect much from this low budget hotel but it was pretty bad. We chose it for the location near the highway and knew it wouldn't be anything special. Poorly maintained room, damaged bedding, empty nasty pool and general decline are all this place has to offer.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank rbgrcatraveler
Puyallup, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

normally i wouldnt say negative things ....... but this hotel is absolutely the worst ive came across !
about the only positive i have is the cost ......and for the product ....it was still priced to high !
The staff are rude , especially the people in charge , ive stayed 2 times , the last time the manager bangs on the door an hour and a half before check out .....claiming we had to leave , angered ... i told him go check his desk ...... i paid for 2 nights !! he yells at me he is calling the police ..... ohhhhh myyyyyyy goodness !! i closed the door told him go call .....
the building is in very poor shape ..... units arnt clean ...horrible experience , in every way !!
dont go ..... these people have NO clue in hospitality running a business and even common courtesy !!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ron S
Corvallis, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I was concerned when I found the window open and unsecured. Dim lite made it hard to see what I was getting into. When all the lites were on, there were bugs and debris behind the door, on the floor (which was sticky), hair in the sink, urine on the floor and around the toilet. Bathtub backed up and the lights would turn on and off on their own. Notified the clerk, sorry was the answer, but that was all. Only stayed in one worse hotel in my life, and I have traveled all over the world!

Room Tip: Any place but here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank BCarefulCorvallis_OR
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

At first I thought the hotel might have changed since these reviews were written, but I was wrong. The hotel attempts to cover up their problems by painting the walls blue and redoing their sign, but nothing changes. I keep discovering bugs in my room and the blankets have holes in them. The room is very stuffy and has a strange smell. The floors are sticky and you can hear everything going on around you. Some of the staff are nice, however the manager has no clue how to handle problems and is very rude. I tried to present an issue I was having with them double charging me at the same time because they forgot to the first time, putting me over my credit card limit. And told me too bad to my face and shut the window on me. I would definitely only recommend staying here to have dirty sex or do drugs or too cheap. Especially when there are so many hotels around, what was I thinking? PS, the bed has been causing me to break out and is filthy

Room Tip: None, spend more money on a room some where else
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Checked in around 2 am with my two yr old grandson. Checked out 4:30 am itching, covered in bedbugs. Flat old pillows, no coffee maker, decent cups, towels or soaps. Rude clerk, wouldn't refund money, or call manager. Didn't care, I had a two yr old with me. 15 mins of trying to sleep, opened my eyes to see baby covered. Have a rash and can't stop itching. Anyone else with this experience, please call health dept. This place is a hooker, gang banger serious DUMP. Impossible for them to be oblivious to the bug problem and lousy maid service. They need put out of business.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank loreannayrk
Spanaway, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at The Rodeway in July 2011. It was the WORST motel experience we've ever had. The room was messy and discusting. When we returned from our evening out... there was a group of people hanging out right outside our room. From about 1am until about 3:30 am there proceeded to hangout there and party. I tried calling the front desk and never got an answer! At 6am the people in the room next to me started blaring music, at that point I'd had enough!! We got our things together and left!! Absolutely the worst night of sleep in my life!! When I compained the following day to the manager "Steve" he said he would look into it and get back to me...still haven't heard from him!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JBargas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tacoma
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Tacoma Near McChord AFB
Comfort Inn Tacoma
Comfort Inn Tacoma
#14 of 28 in Tacoma
3.5 of 5 stars 121 reviews

Been to Travelodge Tacoma Near McChord AFB? Share your experiences!