“WORST PLACE IN TACOMA”

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Spanaway, Washington
“WORST PLACE IN TACOMA”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at The Rodeway in July 2011. It was the WORST motel experience we've ever had. The room was messy and discusting. When we returned from our evening out... there was a group of people hanging out right outside our room. From about 1am until about 3:30 am there proceeded to hangout there and party. I tried calling the front desk and never got an answer! At 6am the people in the room next to me started blaring music, at that point I'd had enough!! We got our things together and left!! Absolutely the worst night of sleep in my life!! When I compained the following day to the manager "Steve" he said he would look into it and get back to me...still haven't heard from him!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JBargas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
oregon
Reviewed September 27, 2009

this was a horrible experience! smelly, dirty room, police cars parked outside, noisy, noisy neighbors, terrible bed and to top it off...maid walked in on us at 9:00 in the morning!!!!! Besides, who pour concrete all over their plants? Stay away!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gottchase

Travelers are raving about these Tacoma hotels

portland, or
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The worst Motel EVER!!!! The first room we were put into had 2 holes in the walls and the hookers and drug dealers were in the room next door. We went to the office and said we would not stay in that room. We were given another room. It was filthy. There were what looked to be blood spots on the bathroom walls, there were Budwiser bottle caps in the ceiling, sheets had burn holes in the, the box springs was missing the top and many other issues aswell.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gmaneecie
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed May 17, 2009

This motel is fairly old and pretty run down. I believe it is frequented by Fort Lewis soldiers who want a place to get drunk and have sex. At least that was the impression I got by the front desk when I told them I was military.
The room lacked what should be considered standard amenities. It had no alarm clock and no coffee maker. The ice machines looked about 20 years old and were extremely loud.
The continental breakfast consisted of very small muffins and toast. No cereal, milk, danishes, or anything. They did have coffee and juice. I tried the Orange Juice and it was horrible.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank dgrevillius
Utah
Reviewed April 4, 2009

We chose this motel because it was cheap and because they claimed to be a "smoke-free" motel. It was cheep, but it was NOT smoke free.

This isn't the worst hotel I've had to stay in, but is IS the second worst. The first room we were given we couldn't get into because not even the manager could get the door open. The room we got had an ant infestation, mold in the bathroom, and major stains on the carpet. There were extreme electrical issues. Switching on the AC tripped the breaker every time and all the lights went out, but management was used to it and was prompt with service to reset it. Only 3 sockets were functional, and even these were so loose I wish I had tape to help the cords stay in the wall. The maintenance on the hotel looked like it had been done by someone who was half-drunk. There were a lot of sloppy hole repairs on the walls and the calking around the bathtub was intense to say the least. The floor in our first floor room was slanted and there was no fan in the bathroom.

About the only good thing about this hotel was that it had almost the fastest wireless internet I've ever experienced anywhere I've stayed. Even at night, downloads were very speedy. I think this was because I don't think any other guest knew how to run one of "them-there conputers".

If it wasn't 11:00pm and I hadn't have already paid in advance, I would have looked for something else.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank bvs1
Tacoma, wa
Reviewed October 8, 2008

I read other reviews and knew I was taking my chances. My unit (103) was clean enough, but is run down looking. I stayed two nights and ask for my room not to be serviced and put out a do not disturb sign but they came in any way. The internet service is slower than when I had dial up ( from 24-36 Mbps) can't watch movies with that. The price was the best part .

Stayed October 2008
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2008

It was okay for the price - nothing exciting. Cheap... you get what you pay for. easy location to get to. can recommend it for a night or two or for a long term if you move to the area and want to save some $$$ while you look for a perminant house. not a vaction not a business stay.

• Liked — easy to get to
  • Disliked — front desk person not very attentive
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)