“Bait and Switch-staff really don't care.”

Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Came in person and booked a two queen bayview room. Came back as requested and had a view of the dome. Staff argued with us but from all the stories it sounded like they gave our room to someone else. Internet was so slow and 2 different cell phones did not work here-no calls or texts! Called and emailed the manager who never responded. Spend a few bucks more-find a better hotel. So disappointed and frustrated.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank AKMaggie
FWBW, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2011

First of all I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay with us. I wish I new your issues during your stay. Also note Tacoma Dome hotel does not have actual bay side room. All our rooms face either the City or the Dome. Thank you

Reviewed January 14, 2011

Located almost next door to the Dome which is on the edge of downtown. We checked in very late in the evening and were pleasantly surprised by the friendly, helpful lady at the front desk. Over the course of the week, we found all the staff to be the same. We had a top floor (6th), corner, king bed room. It was so quiet we almost forgot we were in a motel. I liked that you needed your room key to access the elevator. The bed was very comfy and the shower was hot hot. The room was a good size and very clean. The FREE breakfast was typical of Best Western. There were two kinds of eggs each morning plus sausage, bacon, biscuits, rolls, cereal, waffles, etc. There is an ample fitness center downstairs.
We were 3 blocks from the free "light rail" that takes you into the shopping/museum district. We rode it every morning. (MUST STOP at Tully's for the best hot cocoa you've ever had). Also 3 blocks from the Sounder train. I didn't mind the ocassional train whistle. I thought it was quaint.
The price was excellent at $75.+ tax a night (AARP rate) We will stay there the next time we visit Tacoma. We were very pleased.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pebblepuppy
Reviewed January 10, 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel about 7 months prior to staying as we went to see "The Wall" by Roger Water. Thank God we did, as all the hotels in the area got sold out later on. We had by far the best hotel, it is right across from the Dome, actually shares the parking lot, all you have to do is walk around the 1 foot high barrier and you were about 50 steps away from the front entrance to the venue. Parking anywhere close to the Dome cost from $25-$50 cash, we had it for free due to staying at the hotel, talk about savings. We shared the room with another couple and they also got their parking for free. The check in was a breeze, very friendly staff, and very fast even though it was a mob there due to sell out. They arranged a big Roger Water dinner pasta buffet for only $14.00, it included salad, fettucchini with red or white sauce, cheese tortallini , grilled chicken, rolls and 2 different kind of dessert. Great value for all we got. The rooms were large and were plenty big to hold a little get together before and after the concert for few more of our friends. It was fantastic to just head on over , took maybe 1 minute out to get there and back, especially as it was pouring rain outside. Our friends came back to our room, and waited till the parking lot jam of the venue cleared out ( took about 3/4 hour) before they headed back to their car to go back to Seattle. Breakfast the next morning was great, good selections and staff again very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank yeyordna
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Attended 'So You Think You Can Dance' concert with my two children. We booked in Sept specifically requesting 1 room with 2 queens and I verified the room configuration the day before we arrived by phone (2 years ago had problems with room configuration) When we checked in the clerk said there are no rooms left with 2 queens I said we need 2 beds, there are 3 of us so he managed to finally find one after a few minutes. We were unpacking, the door opened and a Mom with her teenage daughter came in. We all looked at each other in surprise. She checked that she had the right room, and she did, we also had the right room. The poor woman apologized and left. The clerk had given the same room to each of us!!! The front desk then called and asked my name, than hung up. Called back again, asked when I checked in, than hung up again. Called me back a 3rd time and asked, who checked you in and what credit card I used. I said I was coming down - we closed the door and it did not lock so we had to take everything of value, laptops etc and I told them at the front desk the door does not lock. We had dinner there, went back up 45 minutes later and the door still was not locked. Called the front desk and they said someone would be up immediately, 20 minutes later nothing. We had to leave for the concert so told them AGAIN at the desk the room was not secure. The room was locked when we returned from the concert thank goodness.
Location - great for a concert. Food - dinner very average; breakfast was pretty good. Would I stay there again - I doubt it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pvr50
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stayed in Tacoma for a one-night getaway using a free night coupon from the summer promotion. The hotel was easy to find, though we used a navigation system. The check-in went smoothly, though I had to wait, since only one person was working the front desk. The parking garage by the front door was full, but there is a second garage a little further down the street. The elevators are slow, but have large windows, so you have something to look at.

Our room faced the Tacoma Dome. and there was only an afternoon show, so we did not have any noise problems from concert-goers or trains. We could only get a room with two queens, but the room was large enough to accommodate them, plus a small table with chairs and a desk. The décor was nice enough, but not fancy. The room had a microwave and a refrigerator. The bathroom was alright and the towels your typical hotel thin and lightweight. The bed was comfortable.

A hot buffet breakfast was included. We both made a waffle, but only after waiting for the staff to water down the batter so that it would pour. I saw a guest refill his water bottle after ramming his bottle into the dispenser. I told the young man working, but he blew it off. Then I told the woman and she thanked me and immediately took off the dispenser funnel and cleaned it. I didn’t drink the rest of my cup of water, since who knows how many other clueless Typhoid Marys were staying there. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cake_of_Liberty
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed there Nov 6 for the SYTYCD tour. You walk directly from the drwy of the Best Western into the parking lot of the Tacoma Dome. It was a 3 minute walk. The property itself does not seem to be in the best area. Didn't notice other hotels or restaurants nearby. Having arrived late in the afternoon, we just wanted to relax in our room and grab a bite to eat before the show. The hotel advertised a dinner special (buffet style) which offered chicken breasts, pasta, rice, fresh vegies etc for $14.99 each. We decided to try it and were pleased with the meal. After the show we headed back to the hotel and decided to go into the lounge for a drink. The lounge isn't too big, and I'm sure during a really big concert it would definately not be large enough to handle the crowds coming after the show that are staying there. We were lucky and were the 1st ones in there after the show. It was nice to be able to have somewhere to go other than your room for a drink. The breakfast the next morning was good, and I would say better than many of these type included with your hotel stay. Front desk, cleaning and the restaurant staff always very pleasant. We'd definately stay there again if attending a concert at the Tacoma Dome. It seemed to be the closest property to the venue. I did hear the train at some point during the night, but didn't really bother me as I am a pretty light sleeper. We had a king size bed, and the room also had a loveseat, coffee table, desk etc. It was nice having a mini fridge in the room and also a microwave should you need it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank snoopy647
Reviewed October 10, 2010

This hotel was nicer than I expected and certainly a great value for the area. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the complimentary breakfast buffet was better than I've experienced at other hotels. The only drawback is that it is a few blocks outside of the downtown center and the immediate area isn't particularly inviting for walking. If you need a place to stay and plan to drive to your destination, this would be a good choice. Since the hotel is adjacent to The Tacoma Dome, if you are in town to attend a show, the location couldn't be more convenient.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business