All reviewscar museumattending an eventwafflesunderground parkingplace to stayglass museumbest westernsfree breakfasteasy accessconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againclose to downtownfront desk staffbed was comfortablelight railbwsounder
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed there Nov 6 for the SYTYCD tour. You walk directly from the drwy of the Best Western into the parking lot of the Tacoma Dome. It was a 3 minute walk. The property itself does not seem to be in the best area. Didn't notice other hotels or restaurants nearby. Having arrived late in the afternoon, we just wanted to relax in our room and grab a bite to eat before the show. The hotel advertised a dinner special (buffet style) which offered chicken breasts, pasta, rice, fresh vegies etc for $14.99 each. We decided to try it and were pleased with the meal. After the show we headed back to the hotel and decided to go into the lounge for a drink. The lounge isn't too big, and I'm sure during a really big concert it would definately not be large enough to handle the crowds coming after the show that are staying there. We were lucky and were the 1st ones in there after the show. It was nice to be able to have somewhere to go other than your room for a drink. The breakfast the next morning was good, and I would say better than many of these type included with your hotel stay. Front desk, cleaning and the restaurant staff always very pleasant. We'd definately stay there again if attending a concert at the Tacoma Dome. It seemed to be the closest property to the venue. I did hear the train at some point during the night, but didn't really bother me as I am a pretty light sleeper. We had a king size bed, and the room also had a loveseat, coffee table, desk etc. It was nice having a mini fridge in the room and also a microwave should you need it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank snoopy647
Reviewed October 10, 2010

This hotel was nicer than I expected and certainly a great value for the area. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the complimentary breakfast buffet was better than I've experienced at other hotels. The only drawback is that it is a few blocks outside of the downtown center and the immediate area isn't particularly inviting for walking. If you need a place to stay and plan to drive to your destination, this would be a good choice. Since the hotel is adjacent to The Tacoma Dome, if you are in town to attend a show, the location couldn't be more convenient.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank einsea
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Stayed 092810 and 092910. When booking here online, I saw the train tracks on the satellite map. I didn't notice any comments about trains on other reviews, so booked and hoped for the best, assuming a local prohibition on late night train whistles. Well, there were trains. The first one noticed was 3:30am the first night with several more train whistles heard over the next approx 40 minutes. The train yard was about a quarter-mile north. The next night were fewer. Despite that, we had no schedule - it's a large solid building with very little noise otherwise, so we were able to sleep late and get completely rested.

Continental breakfast - food was fine. My luck - the first plate I grabbed looked clean on top - but a rough feel to the fingers on the bottom. Yep - someone's dried creamed beef all over the bottom. Waitress was pretty embarrassed - ok, plate washer overwhelmed I guess.

As someone mentioned the parking is different. Driving away from the entrance, you immediately turn to the parking under the building. The majority of the spaces needed some maneuvering forwards and backwards to fit in. My wife got out to help with clearances and so I could get the full-sized rental car up close to the wall on the right, and leave extra space from the car on the left - worked out ok. Then a convenient elevator up directly to your floor. You had to use your room key to get elevator access from the lobby or the garage - a nice security plus. There was a lower 'B' parking level with entry from the other side of the building - a mirror image of the 'A' level - but we felt it was not secure and anyone could get in there unnoticed.

Our room was fine. Bathroom quite tight - from the 'throne', you could easily reach the sink to your left, and the tub to your right. The door swung about 3 to 4 inches from the toilet. Tight but it was ok.

They gave us coupons for discounts at local restaurants. We selected RAM restaurant which was on the water and 20% discount. It was so good, we went back the next night.

I'm in the middle on recommending - I'm putting 'no' because the train noise really bugged me. Didn't bother my wife.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CONNvacationers
Reviewed September 14, 2010

The Tacoma dome was conveniently located for our trip where we flew in and drove straight to Mt. Rainier and stayed in Tacoma on our way back to Seattle. We got in around 9pm on a Saturday night and had to wait about 15 minutes to check in. The people at the desk were polite and helpful. The rooms was clean and comfortable. Only of the 2 elevators was working and with the 8 person limit, it took about 20minutes to make an elevator trip. Unfortunately the stairs were not really a viable option unless you were upstairs and willing to go outside. They tried to provide security by saying your room key was required for elevator and garage access but this did not appear to be a requirement. The garage door did not close when we were coming & going. We went to breakfast around 8:15am. They were ccnstantly out of food. If you were patient, you could get a decent breakfast of eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, fruit, toast, muffins,etc. The hotel is a 4 minute drive to downtown.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank magicraider
Reviewed August 18, 2010

this hotel was easy to find and conveniently located across from the tacoma dome stadium. the staff was friendly and we even had the opportunity to meet the hotel owner. rooms were spacious so the kids were enjoying that! the hotel has been recently refurbished. great value and would recommend it to couples and families with children.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family