All reviews tacoma dome underground parking attending an event car museum waffles place to stay parking lot free breakfast light rail clean hotel close to downtown convenient location easy access bed was comfortable glass museum concert amtrak
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We wound up staying here because nearly all other Tacoma hotels (Murano, Marriott, etc) were booked up due to conventions. We stayed at the Emerald Queen the night before but the smoke really bothered my husband. The place was o.k. at best but the bed was not very comfortable.

If you can possibly afford it, I would splurge a little and stay at the Murano. That place is fantastic. Please note, my husband didn't think it was as bad as I did, so opinions may certainly vary.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank slowdiva
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We were able to use our coupon from the travel book ($89.00 plus tax). 3 diamonds by AAA rating and easy to find in the city. Had two very comfortable queen beds, nice furnishings, internet access, fridge, microwave, and a restaurant in house. Received a breakfast coupon for the free buffet which included waffles, sausage, eggs, homefries and the typical juices, bagels, fruit etc.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Stocked with amenities- has everything one needs and I'd probably stay again. Toilet and light switch in bathroom sit really low and they have a metal doorstop next to the tub that someone without their glasses on stepping out of the shower could step on and get hurt. Parking was odd. They told me take a right and go to basement. So I did and there weren't many spots and they were all full so I had to go back out and in to the lobby to ask "now what" (which would have been nice had they told me in the 1st place and saved me the trip) that there is an additional separate parking garage further behind the hotel out of the lot. I don't think these offer enough spots if the hotel is full, but I had a spot close to secure elevator....)

I reluctantly avoided the included breakfast because they make you go in to try and find a place to sit down (crowded) and eat there (while I prefer to take my food to my room) so I went hungry. :( (That might preclude me from staying there again.) You have to go through the restaurant to get to business center. Room service/food was good once I got through on the phone. The rooms in the section I was assigned to have a nice view, the windows open for fresh air and the lighting was excellent. As others noted, the area is a little "shady" but very convenient if going to Tacoma Dome.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2010

This hotel was relatively inexpensive - some $89 or so without tax.
Quiet room if you kept the window shut. (Really, it's okay; I sleep lightly and the outdoor noise did not disturb me.) Close to the free trolley to town. Easy parking, and hotel allowed us to park free for a few hours after we checked out. Breakfast line was slow. Food and plastic utensils were slow to be replenished. Biscuits & gravy (like paste; not flavorful); scrambled eggs & links; standard muffins, pastries, cold cereals and juice. Decaf coffee & 2% milk not replenished. Why do they charge $70 on your credit card just in case you have additional charges? I've never experienced that in other hotels/motels.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I picked this because I was in town without a car. It is just two blocks from the train station (45 mins. to Seattle). On the other side of the train station is the free light rail which runs up into town past all the museums. At the same location is the bus stop for airport bus. Nice hotel, very clean and well maintained. Beautiful large room with view over the city. Very nice free hot breakfast buffet. Also two free internet computers available off the breakfast area. Good security - elevators can only be accessed by hotel guests. If you have an event at the Dome it is literally across the parking lot. Very happy.

Date of stay: May 2010