All reviewscar museumattending an eventwafflesunderground parkingplace to stayglass museumbest westernsfree breakfasteasy accessconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againclose to downtownfront desk staffbed was comfortablelight railbwsounder
Reviewed May 29, 2010

This hotel was relatively inexpensive - some $89 or so without tax.
Quiet room if you kept the window shut. (Really, it's okay; I sleep lightly and the outdoor noise did not disturb me.) Close to the free trolley to town. Easy parking, and hotel allowed us to park free for a few hours after we checked out. Breakfast line was slow. Food and plastic utensils were slow to be replenished. Biscuits & gravy (like paste; not flavorful); scrambled eggs & links; standard muffins, pastries, cold cereals and juice. Decaf coffee & 2% milk not replenished. Why do they charge $70 on your credit card just in case you have additional charges? I've never experienced that in other hotels/motels.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I picked this because I was in town without a car. It is just two blocks from the train station (45 mins. to Seattle). On the other side of the train station is the free light rail which runs up into town past all the museums. At the same location is the bus stop for airport bus. Nice hotel, very clean and well maintained. Beautiful large room with view over the city. Very nice free hot breakfast buffet. Also two free internet computers available off the breakfast area. Good security - elevators can only be accessed by hotel guests. If you have an event at the Dome it is literally across the parking lot. Very happy.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2010

The room was good for what we needed for the night. We ate dinner at their buffet and the food was OK. Some of it looked like it had been sitting for hours and was brown and wilted. Breakfast was really good though.
Staff...most were friendly, however some would not give you the time of day unless you were a female and by yourself.
Parking.....we booked a room at this hotel because of its proximity to the Tacoma Dome to attend a concert. We didn't want to have to drive home late at night, or pay an arm and a leg for parking. The BW site for this location states that there is complimentary covered parking to all hotel guests, and when we got there, the attendants said the lot was full. My husband told the attendants what their site stated and they told us again, the lot was full, and we'd have to park on the street or one of the for fee lots. Yet, there were spaces open that we could see from the entrance. So, my husband again stated that our stay is supposed to come with complimentary parking in the covered lot and after chatting for a few minutes amongst themselves, they finally removed the chain and let us through. Now, we're not sure if they were trying to make some money on the side or what, but it seemed a little shady to us.
I'm not sure if we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2009

The only complaint I have with the hotel is they charged me a $70 'incidental fee' without telling me at the time of check in nor did they indicate this charge on my bill at check out. I was using my debit card and didn't know about the charge until I checked my online account two days later. When contacting management they said they charge the fee to all customers but don't tell them about the charge and that I would receive the money back in my account in 3 to 5 business days. Nice place to stay, but check your credit/debit statements to make sure you get you incidental fee back.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was great. Price is very reasonable for this area. Very nice and clean room. Breakfast can't be beat, very good selection, not just cereal and fruit and waffles, but potatoes, scrambled eggs with chesse and veggies and plain scrambled eggs. Staff was very nice and friendly. I would definately stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends