All reviews car museum attending an event waffles underground parking place to stay glass museum best westerns free breakfast easy access convenient location would definitely stay here again close to downtown front desk staff bed was comfortable light rail bw sounder
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I picked this because I was in town without a car. It is just two blocks from the train station (45 mins. to Seattle). On the other side of the train station is the free light rail which runs up into town past all the museums. At the same location is the bus stop for airport bus. Nice hotel, very clean and well maintained. Beautiful large room with view over the city. Very nice free hot breakfast buffet. Also two free internet computers available off the breakfast area. Good security - elevators can only be accessed by hotel guests. If you have an event at the Dome it is literally across the parking lot. Very happy.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2010

The room was good for what we needed for the night. We ate dinner at their buffet and the food was OK. Some of it looked like it had been sitting for hours and was brown and wilted. Breakfast was really good though.
Staff...most were friendly, however some would not give you the time of day unless you were a female and by yourself.
Parking.....we booked a room at this hotel because of its proximity to the Tacoma Dome to attend a concert. We didn't want to have to drive home late at night, or pay an arm and a leg for parking. The BW site for this location states that there is complimentary covered parking to all hotel guests, and when we got there, the attendants said the lot was full. My husband told the attendants what their site stated and they told us again, the lot was full, and we'd have to park on the street or one of the for fee lots. Yet, there were spaces open that we could see from the entrance. So, my husband again stated that our stay is supposed to come with complimentary parking in the covered lot and after chatting for a few minutes amongst themselves, they finally removed the chain and let us through. Now, we're not sure if they were trying to make some money on the side or what, but it seemed a little shady to us.
I'm not sure if we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2009

The only complaint I have with the hotel is they charged me a $70 'incidental fee' without telling me at the time of check in nor did they indicate this charge on my bill at check out. I was using my debit card and didn't know about the charge until I checked my online account two days later. When contacting management they said they charge the fee to all customers but don't tell them about the charge and that I would receive the money back in my account in 3 to 5 business days. Nice place to stay, but check your credit/debit statements to make sure you get you incidental fee back.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was great. Price is very reasonable for this area. Very nice and clean room. Breakfast can't be beat, very good selection, not just cereal and fruit and waffles, but potatoes, scrambled eggs with chesse and veggies and plain scrambled eggs. Staff was very nice and friendly. I would definately stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2009

The hotel & staff are great, but out side is another thing, highway overpass with homeless men, no food. OK, 2 antique stores. If you are going to Tacoma to see an event at the dome, this is a good location. It is much cheaper than the downtown hotels and it is near the free tram that goes to the museums &convention center

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple