“Best Staff In Town”

Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at the Tacoma Dome Best Western during the Mat Classic this year as I did last year. Both times the Staff was awesome and this year more so than last. I was eager to get home after all the pacing I did watching my grandson wrestle. It was worth it because he took the Title at the 3A 170 class. Each time I returned to my room. It was nice to see that housekeeping had cleaned it up for me. Anytime I had a question. The Front Desk personnel were courteous and professional. The breakfast they serve is awesome and saved me time and money from having to go anywhere to eat. I really liked the location, where it is close to the Dome and close to the Transit Train to go Downtown. In the rush to get home. I left my new Columbia jacket in the closet. I didn't notice it until the next day after I got home. I called, they hooked me up with Housekeeping . I described the jacket to them, and they found it. I just got it in the mail and just want to tell The Staff. THANK YOU. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME !!!!!! I have my name in for a room for next years Mat Classic. I hope I am able to get one because I really don't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Fred H

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were just needing a place to sleep for the night. When we went to check in, the lobby was packed with people attending a large athletic event next door at the Tacoma Dome. I was a little concerned about possible noise from all of the kids in the hotel, but was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was all night. The hotel is built with concrete walls so I think it makes the rooms very quiet. It is right next door to the Tacoma Dome and the LeMay Auto Museum, but also convenient to downtown. The only drawback was the breakfast, however I would cut them some slack due to the sold out night with a lot of hungry teenagers in the breakfast room in the morning. When we went down close to the cutoff time for breakfast, there wasn't any food left, so we went to the local Starbucks for a light breakfast. Other than that, everything was great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The amenities of the room were fine; the neighbourhood is, of course, scruffy, but the hotel couldn't be more convenient to the Tacoma Dome. The distinguishing feature of our stay was the near-midnight scam call purporting to be from the front desk. The caller ("Steve") stated that the hotel had suffered a software problem and had to reload all customer information. After some discussion, it emerged that he wanted our credit card details. I hung up and visited the desk. The on-duty persons were not surprised by this event, and indicated that it was an oft-recurring incident. They claim they had reprogrammed the phone system to forward all calls through the switchboard, but that's not what the day clerk stated (this peson, Jay, didn't seem very interested and said that such phone system changes are "not possible"). There must be ways to restrict outside calls to rooms, especially during late hours, but management apparently can't be bothered to arrange this. From that perspective, it does appear that staff convenience outweighs customer security and comfort.

Bottom line: unless you have an event at the Dome, try another hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you are going to a show in the Tacoma Dome, this is the place to stay! Clean rooms, reasonable prices, it is worth $20 extra than staying anywhere else within a mile of the site. No worries regarding parking. Just walk the 1 block to your event! Also, within 3 blocks of the hotel is the Tacoma City Trolley, that stops by every 10 mins., free of charge, ride it downtown to Harmon Brewery for lunch or dinner, kid friendly, and great food, smoked porter, & super service, or in the winter go ice skating. The old Tacoma Train station is an interesting piece of domed architecture as well. Only drawback was that the buffet breakfast, although filled with variety, often the restocking of food, coffee, and beverage supply was slow. It was chaotic with lines and elbow to elbow dining, and fairly unorganized. Get there early.

Room Tip: Ask for a window room with a view of the Tacoma Dome!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Everything from arrival to departure was excellent. Rapid checkin and rapid checkout. The attention the staff paid to special request was outstanding. An excellent value and would definetly stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here one night to attend a concert at the Tacoma Dome, room was adequate, there was two of us and check in was quick. The biggest selling point of this property is it's right next door to Tacoma Dome. After concert it is a short walk and you can be in bed before you would even be close to your car to drive home. They have free parking and this saves you a bunch when attending a show. We arrived early and had no problems getting in or leaving the next day. The room rate was high for the size of our room but with its location they can charge more then I would usually pay for these accommodations. Undecided as to whether I would stay here again, No real problems, but more money then I would usually pay.