“very nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Kennewick, Washington
“very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Tacoma Dome for a club function and were more than pleased. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is an older property but neat and clean, the only concession to it's age were the TV's which came over on the Mayflower. Beds and pillows comfortable. Food for the meeting was a buffet that was excellent, buffet breakfast the next morning was complimentary and very good as well. Free parking in the city is always a plus. Located just blocks from the Tacoma Dome and the LeMay Auto Museum makes this a handy option.

Room Tip: Don't think there's a bad choice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Kent, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Forget making a reservation at this Best Western. I made a reservation for a jaccuzi/spa suite for our 30th wedding anniversary a week in advance just to find out that when we arrived that they couldn't or wouldn't honor my reservation. They sent me a confirmation for my reservation informing me of it with the jaccuzi/spa suite and also informing me of the time limit to cancel the reservation without having my credit card charged, but yet they didn't inform me that they changed my reservation from the jaccuzi/spa suite to another room that I had not requested that wasn't a jaccuzi/spa suite. We were not given a reason why they changed it and we did not stay at this hotel. Instead we drove another 5-10 miles and stayed at the Best Western Hotel in Puyallup Washington, which is a much nicer hotel with a very nice manager and hotel staff. My advice is to totally forget this Best Western Hotel and drive the added distance to the Best Western Hotel in Puyallup, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay, they don't care about their customers!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

East Wenatchee, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you have to overnight in Tacoma, this is a decent place. Also, if you are attending an event at the Tacoma Dome, this property is steps away from the dome. It is located just off I-5, but the room was very quiet. An older property that has been updated, bathroom small but very clean. Comfortable bed. Restaurant and bar on premises. Underground parking. Above average compimentary breakfast. Good value for the money. Not much else withing walking distance. (I should note that Tacoma is not one of my favorite towns, but I was visiting family in Gig Harbor and this property is as good or better than the Gig Harbor BW and much lower rate)

Room Tip: Ask for room on top floor facing west (away from freeway)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Friendly staff. Tasty breakfast was included. Parking was free. Room was clean comfortable and quiet. Good location.

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel when she had an interview in Tacoma. It was easy to get to and we parked in the parking garage. The staff was very friendly and helpful and allowed for us to have a late check out. We left an item behind when we checked out and they found it and got it back to us right away. There is a gym so you can easily get some exercise during your stay. The Museum of Glass is walking distance from the motel (this is what is shown in my photo).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Excellent hotel and restaurant staff. Very clean and comfortable accomodations. The complimentary breakfast is excellent with eggs and several other breakfast items and fruit to choose from. Good food at the restaurant too and a 10% discount when you show your breakfast card. My husband and I stayed 3 nights and were very satisfied. The only negative was that the bathroom towels were a little thin the first night and then they were replaced by better ones. The bathroom is also a little cramped, but not a big deal. Staying at this hotel is an excellent value for your money and in a super convenient location. We also enjoyed walking and dining downtown, just a short 1 minute drive away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown for a nice view of the bridge and water.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Definately I wasnt dissapointed with this hotel. Clean, quiet, and close to downtown, it is a good choice. Glass and LeMay car museum are also close by. It is kind of isolated from everything though. By this I mean that you should not be walking from hotel towards downtown and back, or surrounding areas specially at night. E 26th st is kind of shady, dark and didnt see any open businesses, restaurants or people around. You need the car. Nice underground parking garage by the way. Decent breakfast.

Room Tip: Nice restaurants in downtown Tacoma. LeMay car museum is a must to visit.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Was in town to attend a wedding and found a great deal for this hotel on Expedia.com. Called the hotel after booking to request a pet friendly room and front desk person was very helpful. The reviews that say parking is insufficient surprised me since there are two covered garages and neither was very full, so had no trouble parking. Check in was efficient since I prepaid for two rooms for my family. Both rooms were a good size with two queen beds in each. We requested the hotel shuttle to take us to the wedding about five miles away. It took a little negotiating since it is just outside their zone, but the driver was super nice and offered to pick us up if we came back before 10pm when it stops running, which we did. We visited the bar and again, super nice bartender served us a couple drinks even though she was trying to close - what bar closes at 10 pm on a Saturday night?? Next day we had the free hot breakfast which was pretty good. There was a surprisingly large selection- eggs, potatoes, biscuits, gravy, make your own waffle, cereal, yogurt, bagels, pastries, juice, coffee. It was a very good value to stay at this hotel and I was just looking for something clean and convenient. The hotel, and especially the staff exceeded my expectations.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family