“Great Quality at and Affordable Price”

Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Friendly staff. Tasty breakfast was included. Parking was free. Room was clean comfortable and quiet. Good location.

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel when she had an interview in Tacoma. It was easy to get to and we parked in the parking garage. The staff was very friendly and helpful and allowed for us to have a late check out. We left an item behind when we checked out and they found it and got it back to us right away. There is a gym so you can easily get some exercise during your stay. The Museum of Glass is walking distance from the motel (this is what is shown in my photo).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Excellent hotel and restaurant staff. Very clean and comfortable accomodations. The complimentary breakfast is excellent with eggs and several other breakfast items and fruit to choose from. Good food at the restaurant too and a 10% discount when you show your breakfast card. My husband and I stayed 3 nights and were very satisfied. The only negative was that the bathroom towels were a little thin the first night and then they were replaced by better ones. The bathroom is also a little cramped, but not a big deal. Staying at this hotel is an excellent value for your money and in a super convenient location. We also enjoyed walking and dining downtown, just a short 1 minute drive away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown for a nice view of the bridge and water.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Definately I wasnt dissapointed with this hotel. Clean, quiet, and close to downtown, it is a good choice. Glass and LeMay car museum are also close by. It is kind of isolated from everything though. By this I mean that you should not be walking from hotel towards downtown and back, or surrounding areas specially at night. E 26th st is kind of shady, dark and didnt see any open businesses, restaurants or people around. You need the car. Nice underground parking garage by the way. Decent breakfast.

Room Tip: Nice restaurants in downtown Tacoma. LeMay car museum is a must to visit.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Was in town to attend a wedding and found a great deal for this hotel on Expedia.com. Called the hotel after booking to request a pet friendly room and front desk person was very helpful. The reviews that say parking is insufficient surprised me since there are two covered garages and neither was very full, so had no trouble parking. Check in was efficient since I prepaid for two rooms for my family. Both rooms were a good size with two queen beds in each. We requested the hotel shuttle to take us to the wedding about five miles away. It took a little negotiating since it is just outside their zone, but the driver was super nice and offered to pick us up if we came back before 10pm when it stops running, which we did. We visited the bar and again, super nice bartender served us a couple drinks even though she was trying to close - what bar closes at 10 pm on a Saturday night?? Next day we had the free hot breakfast which was pretty good. There was a surprisingly large selection- eggs, potatoes, biscuits, gravy, make your own waffle, cereal, yogurt, bagels, pastries, juice, coffee. It was a very good value to stay at this hotel and I was just looking for something clean and convenient. The hotel, and especially the staff exceeded my expectations.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel was okay but right from the start it was not the best. At check in, I had to park on the street as there is really no place to park...you can't park in the parking garage until you have checked in. And there is only one place to park for check in other wise. Was told I could not park in front of the hotel, in the entryway. Then I had to walk up the hill into the hotel. Tired, ate at hotel but they was late opening...Breakfast the next morning was late too. Hotel price was good, free parking...nothing around the hotel other than the Dome.

Room Tip: Plan to eat somewhere else before you check in....no window screens on any of the windows, but there...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Spent a few days here on business and, except for an extremely friendly and accommodating staff, the stay was average at best. Facility is dated - in fact, the exterior looks as if there's been a recent renovation. Lobby area is basic by 2-3 star standards. Rooms are clean but had a very stale feel to them. There was a fridge/microwave but, unfortunately, not a store within walking distance. The bar food was very good and the staff very friendly. Special thanks to Vicky, the hotel manager, who FedEx'd my iPod that I left in the fitness center. The tram/link rail is a short walk and offers free transport to downtown Tacoma. Breakfast was decent but nothing more. Only major recommendation I have is fitness center equipment - please upgrade! There's a LifeCycle stair master and cycle but all other equipment is department store quality. Because I traveled on the company's dime, I had no say in where I stayed. That said, service is 4-star but building/accommodations more like 2. Would not likely stay here again. It is, however, THE place to stay for Tacoma Dome events.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Was pleased overall with this stay. The breakfast was not ready on Saturday morning at least for the first hour. That was really the only complaint. the room was small but nice and was clean. The bed was comfortable. Would stay there again. For the price I was pleased.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business