“wedding”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Tacoma, Washington
“wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I had my wedding here at this hotel on 2/19/2011. Unfortunatley it was the same weekend as the state high school wrestling tournament and parking was a nightmare and prevented some of my guests from coming to my wedding. And the teenagers made it hard to sleep but we had to be up early the next day anyway to head to the airport. But that is the only bad thing I have to say. The food was great, they took great care of me and my husband. Made sure the day went by smooth for us. My friends still rave about the food. We had an italian buffet. Our room was great. We had a corner suite and even though the hotel was booked we still felt like they really made sure us and our wedding guests were happy. A big big big thank you to the staff at this hotel for helping make my wedding day so wonderful!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Redheadseattlegal
FWBW, Owner at Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind comments. If there is anything we can do to help you please let s know. We really value your opinion and strive to improve our services from your feedback. Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

An elevator door shut on my girlfriend, did not reverse it motion and I had to forcibly push it open to release her. After trying to contact the hotel and finally Best Western management several times, I was finally contacted by hotel management. They promised me discounts, dinner, and a reduction in my room charge. This happened back in September 2011 and I have not received anything yet, though I have left at least 15 messages for the manager and general manager. I have even stopped by in person, but their was no manager on staff at 2pm on a Friday. In my opinion, this puts a huge black mark on Best Western as a hotel chain, considering they are forcing me to deal with the hotel management and won't work with me to resolve the issue. It is definitely a reason not to stay at this hotel and not to ever deal with their non-responsive management!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of this hotel, it would be better than staying there!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
We talked to our Elevator company regarding this matter and was confirmed that the doors can not close on with any object between them....too many sensors protecting objects between doord in the elevator.
Guest wants free room but we don't feel there was anything wrong happened.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Hotel is infested with bedbugs! Has heavy air freshener smell. Bad experience

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Can you please tell me what name you booked at my property? I have not had ANY complaints or been able to verify your claim. Thank you
Renton, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed here, seeking an affordable place to crash after First Night activities on NY Eve. Got a great last minute price. Checked in at 4 and the room was clean and available. It was a bit chilly but the heat was easy to adjust. The room had a microwave and a fridge--- big plus. Clean room with space for desk, coffee table, tv cupboard, queen bed, closet and bathroom. Front desk staff was friendly and pointed us to the light rail station. Only a 2 block walk away, this free service is a great asset. We rode the train to the NYE activities in the theater district. The train comes every 12 mins and is clean and safe. You could use this train to go to any downtown Tacoma attractions from this hotel. The free Breakfast was more than most continental free breakfasts. It included coffee, juice, biscuits and gravy, eggs and potatoes, sausage and bacon, waffle batter and irons to make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, cold cereal and a fruit cocktail (the kind you can get in a can). All in all, this place met my expectations and is a good value. If you are going to the Dome, it is right next to it. If you are going downtown, the light rail is a breeze. I would stay here again, and next time check out the pool and exercise center.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank signmeup2
Thank you so very much for kind feedback. We REALLY appriciate all the advises and we do make changes to fit our guests need. Thank you.
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

While staying at the hotel we noticed they were still cleaning rooms at 4 p.m., there was no parking left in the parking lot A so we asked if we could park in lot B but they wanted us to either park outside where our car would not be protected or the place reserved for the shuttle. We were wanting to eat in the restaurant, which they didn't know until last minute if it was going to be open or not (which both the website and their information packets in the room showed they would be open daily) ended up not being open. We went to an event and came back thinking we could drink at the bar was also closed (but listed as being open both on the website and in the room packets). The staff came across as rude and didn't want to help, the only person who seemed nice was the lady working the buffet, which the food lacked (which I wasn't expecting much.) The other three people and myself who stayed here would not stay here again. I recommend that this would be a good place to stay if you have low expectations and going to an event at the Tacoma Dome, but don't plan on hanging around the neighborhood since it's all industrial. The rooms were fine, but both rooms didn't have working fans in the bathroom so it was inconvenient when showering.

Room Tip: Only stay here if attending an event at the Tacoma Dome and no expectations.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Scott B
FWBW, Owner at Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Please note our bar is for hotel guests ONLY for concert nights. This guest was probably not registard as a hotel guest. A registard guest has access to ALL our facilities.

Please call us diretly to get the BEST rate and BEST room choices. Thank you
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

This hotel is located one block from public train transit into Tacoma, but you would not want to go out at night and return late at night back to the hotel. Area is not residential nor commercial. Not sure what it is, but basically if you are seeing a show at the tacoma dome, this is the place to stay. Otherwise, go elsewhere unless you have a car and you are not a female traveling alone. Area is sketchy. Not well trafficked during day and vacant at night. Didnt see homeless or anything like that, but did see an empty syringe on the sidewalk down from the hotel. Otherwise the hotel is very nice, newly renovated, but while they have basic toiletries, best to bring your own if you want conditioner and shower gel. Rooms are clean and quiet. Doubtful that I would stay there again because of the area in which it is located.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank getwhatyoupayfor
FWBW, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words about our property. We value your feedback and try our best to improve our services from your feedback. Please call us directly next time to get the best rate and room choice.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is a very affordable hotel for the area. The rooms are clean and up to date. The hotel personnel and staff were all very nice and friendly. The bar was nice and quiet,the bartenders were fun people to be around. The food we had in the bar was not bad at all. Just don't ask for the soup. They never have any. All in all a nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank HarleyDude5576
BWFWManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Glad to hear your stay was pleasant. Our bar is one of our points of pride down in our restaurant area, it's good you found it so pleasant and relaxing. Our apologies about not having any soup. I'll let the kitchen know it's a desired item. We hope to see you again the next time you find yourself in Tacoma!