“Hands down one of the best in Tacoma”

Asado Cucina Argentina
Reserve with OpenTable
Asado Cucina Argentina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 749 Restaurants in Tacoma
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine
Description: Sizzle and smoke define Asado Cucina Argentina, the South Sound's only Argentine-themed steakhouse and a staple restaurant of the trendy Sixth Avenue dining district. Heady smoke wafts from the display kitchen where chefs sear beef over a mesquite grill. Low lighting is moody by night, bright and beautiful by day because of the expansive garage doors that roll up in the summertime, spilling diners onto Sixth Avenue. A mural evokes pastoral Argentina. Metalwork and heavy doses of deep-hued wood create a rustic urban palette. Social by design, with a large chef's table straddling the display kitchen. Bench booth seating connects diners to neighbors, but without being overly intrusive. The word "asado" means a gathering of friends for a grill party - the Argentine equivalent of an American patio barbecue - and that theme translates into a convivial gathering spot for friends and family. A steakhouse with a flavor-forward menu with preparations licked with smoke and sophistication.
Tacoma
“Hands down one of the best in Tacoma”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Year after year we come here for lunch or dinner and the food and service never fail to give us a good time. Sure it's pricey, but the atmosphere is great, food superb, and serving sizes appropriate. Parking can be difficult but they do offer valet parking. Don't think twice - try this place and you won't regret it.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank NWTravelnut

Puyallup, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This was the first time my husband and I have ate at this restaurant but it will NOT be the last. I made reservations for 6 pm. We were running late to I changed it to 7:30 pm. We then had time to burn so we waked around and then headed off to Asado's. We arrived at 7 pm (early) and were okay with waiting. However, to our surprise, they sat us immediately at a table for 4. I was GREAT! Our server, BEN, was just as wonderful. He gave us the history of the restaurant and what drink complimented what dish. We truly enjoyed the food, decor and the service. Love this place!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Susie P
Covington, Washington
“Above average sides, average steaks, sketchy neighborhood”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Another date night recommendation from a coworker that was a fun experiment. Our perspective is as a couple who have never had Argentinian fare, so... The steaks were average, so the prices were a little high since it's all a la carte. But all the sides are fun and flavorful for anyone new to the cooking style. I had purple mashed potatoes and my husband had the polenta. Wish I'd ordered the polenta! The side of corn was worth the extra cost, too, yum. I had creme brulee, but was disappointed halfway down when it went runny. Open air to a small outside eating bar, so on a hot summer night, be prepared to feel the heat. And the view across the way is a similar looking restaurant and an empty liquor store. Weird mix of cool old buildings with hip spots and abandoned buildings.

• Visited August 2014
Parksville, Canada
“The Best Burger I have ever had!!!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is the second time I have visited this restaurant and I only go to Tacoma once a year. I took two very good buddies and treated them to lunch. We were all blown away by what we ate. I had the Asado Burger and I have not had anything as good as this in my life, my friends had the Asado burger and the other had a dish of Prawns and chicken with cous cous and chimichurri sause. All I witnessed was happy faces and I had to promise that we will go back next time we go to Tacoma. On a scale of 1 - 10 I give them a 12.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Peter C
USA
“YES! YES! YES!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Approximately two years ago, I had the fortune of spending five days in Argentina, where I enjoyed some of THE BEST STEAKS, EVER! Since that trip, I have been looking for a steak place that might rival any of my dining experiences in Argentina. Last night, I found that place while dining at Asado...WOW! From start to finish, my dining experience was FANTASTIC! To give you a rundown:

1. White Sangria - YUM!
2. 2x half appetizers - One of their housemade chorizo sausages with slaw...YES! And, serrano-wrapped prawns with salad...FANTASTIC!
3. Bone-in ribeye steak atop mashed potatoes and garnished with fresh pico de gallo, and asparagus.
4. Housemade banana doughnuts coated in cinnamon sugar accompanied with two types of dipping sauces and a coffee with Kahlua, vodka, and baileys...WOW! WOW! WOW!

I CANNOT WAIT to return and sample other items on the menu, particularly the lamb chop and martini!

• Visited July 2014