“The Best Burger I have ever had!!!!”

Asado Cucina Argentina
Reserve with OpenTable
Asado Cucina Argentina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 746 Restaurants in Tacoma
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine
Description: Sizzle and smoke define Asado Cucina Argentina, the South Sound's only Argentine-themed steakhouse and a staple restaurant of the trendy Sixth Avenue dining district. Heady smoke wafts from the display kitchen where chefs sear beef over a mesquite grill. Low lighting is moody by night, bright and beautiful by day because of the expansive garage doors that roll up in the summertime, spilling diners onto Sixth Avenue. A mural evokes pastoral Argentina. Metalwork and heavy doses of deep-hued wood create a rustic urban palette. Social by design, with a large chef's table straddling the display kitchen. Bench booth seating connects diners to neighbors, but without being overly intrusive. The word "asado" means a gathering of friends for a grill party - the Argentine equivalent of an American patio barbecue - and that theme translates into a convivial gathering spot for friends and family. A steakhouse with a flavor-forward menu with preparations licked with smoke and sophistication.
Parksville, Canada
“The Best Burger I have ever had!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is the second time I have visited this restaurant and I only go to Tacoma once a year. I took two very good buddies and treated them to lunch. We were all blown away by what we ate. I had the Asado Burger and I have not had anything as good as this in my life, my friends had the Asado burger and the other had a dish of Prawns and chicken with cous cous and chimichurri sause. All I witnessed was happy faces and I had to promise that we will go back next time we go to Tacoma. On a scale of 1 - 10 I give them a 12.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Peter C

USA
“YES! YES! YES!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Approximately two years ago, I had the fortune of spending five days in Argentina, where I enjoyed some of THE BEST STEAKS, EVER! Since that trip, I have been looking for a steak place that might rival any of my dining experiences in Argentina. Last night, I found that place while dining at Asado...WOW! From start to finish, my dining experience was FANTASTIC! To give you a rundown:

1. White Sangria - YUM!
2. 2x half appetizers - One of their housemade chorizo sausages with slaw...YES! And, serrano-wrapped prawns with salad...FANTASTIC!
3. Bone-in ribeye steak atop mashed potatoes and garnished with fresh pico de gallo, and asparagus.
4. Housemade banana doughnuts coated in cinnamon sugar accompanied with two types of dipping sauces and a coffee with Kahlua, vodka, and baileys...WOW! WOW! WOW!

I CANNOT WAIT to return and sample other items on the menu, particularly the lamb chop and martini!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Thurman M
Kansas
“Celebrate here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Family took me here to celebrate my birthday. It was crowded and noisy and the food was good, well presented and served quickly. Our server was attentive and friendly. Liked it a lot, will go back soon.

Visited June 2014
olympia
“Favorite Place to Eat!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I convinced my friends from Silverdale, Tacoma and Olympia to celebrate my birthday at Adaso and they usually like to meet at waterfront venues so was a bit concerned about their response but knew the food would wow them.... And it did... The food is amazing... I had the Flank Steak which never fails to amaze me.... So well cooked and seasoned.....and the desserts are so special.....and drinks...and the SERVICE is special no matter how busy they are....

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Greekrlm
University Place, WA
“A Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We've eaten at Asado before and enjoyed it, but last night was a big disappointment. It was a combination birthday/Mother's Day celebration and we were expecting fine service and delicious food as before. Our orders were completely mixed up with another table's and we had to inform the wait staff of the mistake. It took a long time for our correct orders to arrive, and there was never an apology or an inquiry as to how we were enjoying our food. The food was so-so. When we were paying, I asked our waitperson what had happened and was told that things just got mixed up. Again, no apology or offer of a free dessert or coffee. For a $140 tab, we expected better food and service. We will not return.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Asado Cucina Argentina? Share your experiences!