“Very good food - very good service!”

Asado Cucina Argentina
Reserve with OpenTable
Asado Cucina Argentina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 764 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine
Description: Sizzle and smoke define Asado Cucina Argentina, the South Sound's only Argentine-themed steakhouse and a staple restaurant of the trendy Sixth Avenue dining district. Heady smoke wafts from the display kitchen where chefs sear beef over a mesquite grill. Low lighting is moody by night, bright and beautiful by day because of the expansive garage doors that roll up in the summertime, spilling diners onto Sixth Avenue. A mural evokes pastoral Argentina. Metalwork and heavy doses of deep-hued wood create a rustic urban palette. Social by design, with a large chef's table straddling the display kitchen. Bench booth seating connects diners to neighbors, but without being overly intrusive. The word "asado" means a gathering of friends for a grill party - the Argentine equivalent of an American patio barbecue - and that theme translates into a convivial gathering spot for friends and family. A steakhouse with a flavor-forward menu with preparations licked with smoke and sophistication.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We ate dinner at Asado and were not disappointed - it is a casual restaurant, with Argentinian décor with a western flair. The steaks were very flavorful, the lamb/beef appetizers were wonderful, and the cobbler dessert was a delight. Very good service - we were seated promptly, and our waitress was attentive and helpful. Highly recommend reservations as this is not a large establishment - valet parking is onsite.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've heard a lot of great thing about this place and I finally tired it out for myself. I was very surprised it lived up to all the hype. It was excellent. The service was great aside from the hostess who was flighty. We tired several items from the menu and was impress by the flavors the food had. Very fresh. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here after hearing great reviews of the food and were not disappointed. Asado lived up to the recommendation that was given to us. We were luckily seated immediately (we didn't have reservations - not a good idea by the way) and the service was perfect. The waiter made food and beverage recommendations that pleased both my husband and I. The only downside is that parking can be a but tricky - but it's not too much of a trouble.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have spent a lot of time in South America and it is rare to find in North America a restaurant that can claim the great cuisine and wines of Argentina. This restaurant does it, with tables spilliing outside on a sunny day, great service, and portion size and seasonings that I know very well from my favourite restaurant in Buenos Aires.

This is a place you can take a great group of friends to, or your family for a memorable meal.
The best part is that you will be able to bring a taste of South America to your dinner.
I cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I would suggest calling ahead or reserving a table online. the atmosphere is lively and the wait staff are well trained.
The food was upscale and the cocktails were tasty. The steaks were flavorful and cooked to perfection.
I felt as though the value was good.
I am a bit of a food snob and felt very satisfied.

1  Thank cableman352

Been to Asado Cucina Argentina? Share your experiences!