“Lives up to the hype”

Asado Cucina Argentina
Reserve with OpenTable
Asado Cucina Argentina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 746 Restaurants in Tacoma
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine
Description: Sizzle and smoke define Asado Cucina Argentina, the South Sound's only Argentine-themed steakhouse and a staple restaurant of the trendy Sixth Avenue dining district. Heady smoke wafts from the display kitchen where chefs sear beef over a mesquite grill. Low lighting is moody by night, bright and beautiful by day because of the expansive garage doors that roll up in the summertime, spilling diners onto Sixth Avenue. A mural evokes pastoral Argentina. Metalwork and heavy doses of deep-hued wood create a rustic urban palette. Social by design, with a large chef's table straddling the display kitchen. Bench booth seating connects diners to neighbors, but without being overly intrusive. The word "asado" means a gathering of friends for a grill party - the Argentine equivalent of an American patio barbecue - and that theme translates into a convivial gathering spot for friends and family. A steakhouse with a flavor-forward menu with preparations licked with smoke and sophistication.
Enumclaw, Washington, United States
“Lives up to the hype”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've heard a lot of great thing about this place and I finally tired it out for myself. I was very surprised it lived up to all the hype. It was excellent. The service was great aside from the hostess who was flighty. We tired several items from the menu and was impress by the flavors the food had. Very fresh. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Tasty Food & Pleasant Environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here after hearing great reviews of the food and were not disappointed. Asado lived up to the recommendation that was given to us. We were luckily seated immediately (we didn't have reservations - not a good idea by the way) and the service was perfect. The waiter made food and beverage recommendations that pleased both my husband and I. The only downside is that parking can be a but tricky - but it's not too much of a trouble.

• Visited September 2012
vancouver
“Great food and great wine, BA style!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have spent a lot of time in South America and it is rare to find in North America a restaurant that can claim the great cuisine and wines of Argentina. This restaurant does it, with tables spilliing outside on a sunny day, great service, and portion size and seasonings that I know very well from my favourite restaurant in Buenos Aires.

This is a place you can take a great group of friends to, or your family for a memorable meal.
The best part is that you will be able to bring a taste of South America to your dinner.
I cannot wait to go back.

• Visited April 2013
Gig Harbor, Washington
“I highly recommend this restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I would suggest calling ahead or reserving a table online. the atmosphere is lively and the wait staff are well trained.
The food was upscale and the cocktails were tasty. The steaks were flavorful and cooked to perfection.
I felt as though the value was good.
I am a bit of a food snob and felt very satisfied.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank cableman352
Seattle, Washington
“Nice Place, Steak could have been better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

A reunion with friends after a transcendental Scotch-tasting function meant that good mood was the tone for the evening. We debated going with the valet parking ($5) but decided to look for parking on the street since we knew the neighborhood pretty well. Soon found a parking place and walked a block to Asado. The hostess greeted and seated us immediately (Reservations are strongly recommended!). The wait staff was friendly and efficient. Full bar with wine list met our needs perfectly.

Two ordered lamb, two ordered whitefish in a special sauce, and I went for the specialty of the house, a pan-broiled steak, medium rare. The steak was tender and tasty on one side, but closer to blood rare on the thicker side, and I also had to fight a cage match against a major vein. The vein won. Bloody, but unbowed, I resolved to order something else next time. My dinner companions were grinning from ear to ear, especially after two glasses of superb Malbec.

Service was attentive, water glasses were kept filled, the manager checked in with us. It was all good, except for the steak. Still, I would and will go back. If you have to head south to Tacoma, Asado is definitely a nice option.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Asado Cucina Argentina? Share your experiences!