“Excellent food choices”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent food choices”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was very lucky to stumble across this restaurant. So close to the building I was working in and great prices overall. The spring rolls were fantastic as was the #14. Can't recall the name but it made my taste buds sing. The Thai iced tea is delicious. Service is sufficient. I have been for both lunch and dinner and eat in and take out and have not been disappointed in any of my choices there. I just wish they took Amercian Express!

• Visited June 2012

Washington State
“Best Thai food in Tacoma”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our area is fortunate to have many Asian restaurants including Thai and Vietnamese but Galanga Thai is the absolute best, and I have tried them all! It is run by a Thai woman and her American husband. The food is fresh and perfectly spiced and the presentation is always beautiful. The Swimming Rama is made with fresh spinach instead of the limp steamed spinach often found at other Thai restaurants, and their homemade peanut sauce is perfect and does not overwhelm the flavor of the spinach. My other favorites are Drunken Noodles, a wide rice noodle with lots of basil and veggies and the Paeneng curry. The Tom Kha and beef soups are also perfectly flavored and the portions are enormous. It gets very busy over the lunch hour with downtown workers and the parking can be tricky but it's worth it.

• Visited May 2012
University Place, Washington
“Not so sure about our dishes”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

A friend on my van pool recommended this place. My boyfriend and I went for dinner. The Thai coffee was good, but the food was so-so. I've had better. It could have been the dishes we chose. But each dish ha the same flavor and was drenched in sauce. We might go back to check out there lunch, but probably not for dinner unless I'm invited,

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank BrookeAPerry
Tacoma, Washington
“Lunch spot”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have had lunch several times and always been pleased. I have not tried dinner infact, I don't know if they are open for dinner.

Seattle, Washington
“Good place for Lunch in Downtown Tacoma”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I work pretty close to this restaurant and it is a nice place to run for lunch. I usually get the Kamongean (probably spelling it wrong), but it is a green curry base with meat or tofu, noodles and a ton of fresh vegetables. I highly recommend it.

• Visited December 2011

Been to Galanga Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!