“Lunch”

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This wonderful cafe provides the breakfast lovers with endless possibilities. At every time of the day the can serve delicious breakfast meals. The place is cozy and well known among the locals. Its localed at a section of 6th ave that it is also interesting to explore by foot. The cashiers and baristas are pleasant and helpful.

1 Thank Jaipalkaur

Tacoma
“Another hidden gem in Tacoma, Wa.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My Wife and I were out for a drive in the immediate area, when we noticed their sign indicating that they were serving "Breakfast". If your in their neck of the woods, and your driving to fast you'll miss it in the blink of an eye. My Wife had the pancake and eggs over the top, by the way one pancake overwhelms the plate you can't see! I however had the big boys breakfast, three fluffy scrambled eggs, 5-6 slices of delicious bacon, cubed styled potatoes and heres the killer some of the best gravy and biscuits I have ever had! My hat go's off to the Cook "Heather", you my young lady rock on the grill! The place on the inside also deserves mentioning. The seating arrangement is like nothing I have seen in recent history, your choices are as follows- 1. Seat yourself, order at the immediate counter, bus your own table (which probably explains the lower pricing of the awesome food selections and draw or pour your own water or coffee. 2. The other of course is the convenience of having full service. The interior of the place also catches the eye with current events in the local surrounding area covering the arts, music and just things to do. The interior also features vintage books, various antiques and other memories of things gone by. We will certainly return to our new little hidden gem as time permits.

Sincerely! Richard F.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Richard F
Lakewood, Washington
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I came here after finding out the restaurant we planned to go to was packed. Well it was a pleasant surprise to say the least! The pancakes was bigger than my plate, my bacon was crispy as requested, and the wait staff was incredibly friendly. I can't comment on the coffee, but the breakfast was definitely above average. I will definitely be adding this to my list of go to breakfast stops. Improvements that could be made: quicker food prep, and some piping hot syrup to go with those delist pancakes!

Visited May 2013
Mankato, Minnesota
“Undecided”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Went two mornings in a row. First day was good-- good food, good service. Second day was horrible. Food not as good as first day (two platters cold, one seemed thrown together), only one waitress for the entire restaurant (who seemed really annoyed ) Had to get up 4 times for water or coffee refill and continually have to wave our waitress down. At one point they recruited someone to just pour coffee and while he was doing so we asked him to please refill a glass of water. He never came back. Because there was 6 in our party they automatically added gratuity to the bill so I ended up tipping for service that I felt was horrible.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent breakfast, relaxed funky atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I visited Shakbrah for the first time recently on a Sunday morning. It opens at 8 (on Sundays, anyway), and serves a mean breakfast....omelettes, skillet dishes, etc. Very friendly service, fair prices, hot well-prepared dishes in large quantity. It's coffee house rustic which suits me just fine for casual dining. On one side of the restaurant, you order at a counter and the food is brought to you; on the other side, it's regular wait service.

• Visited April 2013