“Doesn't look like much from the outside but worth a try.”

Peanut Sauce Thai Cuisine
Ranked #52 of 746 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Doesn't look like much from the outside but worth a try.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My sister in law recommended this place. It is in the corner of a strip mall, so I had my doubts. When we walked in, I noticed the decor looked like a typical Thai restaurant.

The waitress immediately brought us soup and took our order fairly quickly. The soup had just a little sour kick, but not so much that it turned me off.

The egg rolls were typical but quite tasty. I had the pork pad Thai at a level 2 spiciness. It was very good. (If it was a 2 I don't want to try the 5!) my husband had the avocado green curry at a 3. He preferred my sister in law's green curry and missed the chunks of eggplant he is used to at our favorite Thai place back home in NC. My sister in law said the green curry at a 3 was not as spicy as she would have liked, and added quite a bit of heat to it.

We went at lunchtime, and the plates were $8-9 apiece, which seemed reasonable for what we got.

I would certainly go back there if I had a hankering for Thai while I was here.

• Visited May 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Favorite Thai restaurant (Allergy friendly too!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have Celiac disease and 28 food allergies, and this is one of the only restaurants I can come to in Tacoma and not need to worry. The servers were knowledgeable about the menu and were able to direct me to what was safe for me to eat. I have eaten here at least five times and I always order red curry with chicken and a side of jasmine rice and no matter if I eat it in-house or get it to-go it is always hot, sweet, creamy, perfectly spiced, delicious, and filling. Their prices are very reasonable as well (which is important for this poor college student), especially during their lunch hours! The only negative is that the service is almost always very slow. But the quality of the food without fail makes up for it.
Also, be sure to order their coconut ice cream! It is made in-house with real coconut cream and coconut pieces, so it is dairy-free and so incredibly delicious. They also have green tea ice cream and mango ice cream which I believe are also dairy-free.
Large vegetarian menu for those who eat vegetarian.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tawsha S
Olympia, Washington, United States
“great food, great service, great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Not sure it can get any better than this. We will most definitely be returning quite often. The menu is amazing! It was hard to choose just one thing.

• Visited February 2013
Puyallup, Washington
“Best Thai I've had so far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I'd read a bunch of reviews for places in Tacoma and Puyallup, and finally decided on Peanut Sauce Thai. WOW, I am so glad I trusted all the reviews I read! The food was amazing and the staff was very friendly. I had the pineapple prawns curry, which was delicious. My boyfriend had the pad thai with no veggies, and I was shocked that it still tasted just as good as WITH all the veggies. The portions are huge and the prices are right. We will be back!

• Visited February 2012
Bothell, Washington
“Relaxing place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have been to this restaurant before and just like before this time also was great. No one was rushed, food was excellent.e

• Visited May 2012

Been to Peanut Sauce Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!