“Nice meal on very good value early bird menu”
Review of Lobster Shop South on Soundview - CLOSED

Lobster Shop South on Soundview
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Nice meal on very good value early bird menu”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

We had an early dinner here from the very good value early bird menu. $14.99 for 2 courses. The main dinner menu looked very tempting with a very wide range of seafood.

Federal Way, Washington
“Hassle ruined a great meal”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We had our wedding dinner here. We were told since our group was large, we had to order from a special menu and could only pick four options, one salad, one soup, two desserts. We did so and had a party of approximately 40 people. I understand that is a hard group to manage and they do things to make it easier on them. The manager told my wedding planner the day before that we could have a separate bill for each table, but on this night she was told that was not true. After several minutes of arguing and wrangling, they agreed to stick to the original agreement. The special menus came with no price and since this was a no host dinner, we wanted the prices visible so it took several minutes for them to accomodate this. By now, a good half hour has gone by with no one able to order. The waitress presented the offerings as though soup and salad were included, they were not. That being said, the waitress I had quite pleasant and helpful. The other waitress was rude, or so I was told by my other guests.

I ordered the crab legs, which was one giant leg. They cracked it open for me so I wouldn't have the mess and I just have to say that it was by far one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life. It was soft and buttery and warm and just melted in my mouth. The garlic mashed potatoes were great and the green beans okay. The bill for our table of 6 was 366.00 and our kids were sitting at the next table and the bill for 3 of them was 177.00, so it was an expensive meal.

It took a very long time to print the bills up for us. We appreciate that they separated the bill for us etc, but I would have to say that the hassle of the billing and service etc was the only damper on the entire day and ended the wedding day on a somewhat sour note.

Tacoma
“Romantic with great food”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

The Dash Pt Lobster Shop is one of our favorites; we go there for formal occasions and for a nice dinner off the Twilight Menu. The view is terrific and the location more secluded and we don't have to wrestle with the jammed summer traffic on Ruston Way for the LS South.

The best values are the Twilight Menu; my wife loves the Potato Crusted Cod as well as the Salmon. You can order either a two or three course which includes salad or their clam chowder (one of the best! I always ask for a splash of cream sherry that really enhances the taste!) the entree and a dessert for about $17.00/person.

Service is normally excellent, although when they get busy you may have a wait for your food at sporadic intervals.

Washington
“Not what was expected”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

For our 53 anniversary we choose the Dash Point Lobster Shop. What a mistake. Looked on their website and we made a selection only to find out the menu had changed. If you have a website for folks to look at at least keep it updated. The Starters were great. The scallops were in a very sweet sauce with rice that was soaked in the sauce. We have had better food at Olive Garden. Very slow service.

Seattle
“Very Romantic Place in Dash Point”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My wife and I love to go to the Lobster Shop in Dash Point! It is our favorite anniversay spot. The staff is always very attentive and the food is excellent. Please don't go here. It is hard enough for us to get a table as it is. We used to live nearby when our children were younger and it is not really suited to small children. It can get pretty tight on busy evenings but they never fail to provide good service. The last time we were here we sat in the upstairs room and the service was still excellent. They have a great selection of wines. The food is always presented with style. Always an excellent value even considering the price. After dinner, weather permitting we, stroll out to the end of the pier. On nice summer afternoons there are a lot of people fishing and there are plenting of picnicers in the nearby park. Parking can be kind of difficult, but be patient and someone will leave.