“Small, intement,great setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lobster Shop South on Soundview - CLOSED

Lobster Shop South on Soundview
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tacoma, Washington
“Small, intement,great setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Has been here for years and you always need a reservation well in advance. What more can I say.

Seattle, Washington
“Maybe the New Menu is the Solution”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

The Lobster Shop used to be a favorite local restaurant. The lobster bisque couldn't be beat and the Twilight Menu was a good value.

About two years ago the service declined and the food was inconsistent. How many ways can you screw up crab cakes?

A new executive chef was just hired and I have my hopes up.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Bruce B
Ellicott City
“NIce place and nice service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

The restaurant is has a very warm atmosphere with the rock bar and rock walls. The service is fine and the food is fine.
Bar selection is large but expensive on many selections. But, if you are willing to pay it they are willing to sell it.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Jan M
upland california
“wonderful view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

get the twighlight special and not only will you save on the food but the drinks are half off as well. the view is unbelievable on the point looking across the bay. we would go again!
steve and ellen
california

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank el4chocolate
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Overpriced but Excellent Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

I went to the Lobster Shop whilst on vacation with my spouse and parents. I ordered the Alaskan King Scallops. The dish was overpriced for the type of seafood at $30 which I thought was worth $20. The scallops are local and come with a very nice tomato risotto and asparagus. Those in my group also order the fried oysters (which is a posh version of fish and chips), they both enjoyed very much. Our waitress was lovely and very attentive to our table. The place is very small and we had to wait an hour and fifteen minutes for a table as we did not have a reservation on a Thursday night, but the food made up for it. Overall I felt the dishes were overpriced for each type of seafood and I come from Scotland where we get a lot of seafood from the North Sea. The location of this restaurant is also not the best, practically no parking spaces anywhere and many fisherman hanging out the side of the dock, we felt a bit out of place dressed nicely for the Lobster Shop and hanging out near the dock whilst waiting for a table.

• Visited August 2011