“Nice deck ....food so so.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lobster Shop South

Lobster Shop South
Reserve with OpenTable
Lobster Shop South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 748 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Washington
“Nice deck ....food so so.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Being able to sit outside on a nice deck and enjoy Puget Sound with a wonderful view is great. It would be even better if the food was good. My husband and I went to the Lobster Shop to celebrate our anniversary and were disappointed with the food. My husband had clam linguini and I had halibut. Both dishes were so so. On a positive note the service was good and the deck was a great place to enjoy the water.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Food at this price should be perfect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Took my wife out to The Lobster Shop for our 19th anniversary. The seating and service were perfect. We sat right at the window overlooking Commencement Bay. While the exterior looks a little weather worn, the interior is nicely laid out, comfortable and quiet. It had the makings of a perfect dinner. The service was excellent, polite, and well-informed.

Some of the dinner was excellent....some, not so much. The lobster bisque was incredible, and my wife really liked her scallops. On the other hand, my steak was loaded with gristle, dry, and did not provide a good flavor. The two King Crab legs ($10 per leg) also were not bursting with flavor. I did enjoy the mashed potatoes with infused horseradish...interesting flavor.

But the biggest disappointment came at the end of dinner. My wife and I had noticed they had a chocolate moose on the specials menu. She joked with me throughout dinner to keep room for it because I love a good chocolate mousse. When it came time to order, the waiter informed me they were out (at 6pm???). I settled for a rhubarb dessert that, while quite tasty, reminded me with every bite that it wasn't chocolate mousse.

• Visited May 2013
Washington
“Pricey but worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went for Mother's Day dinner. Atmosphere was light, fun and celebratory. Service, prompt and attentive. Food - amazing! You definitely get what you pay for. Highly recommend for special occasions. :)

Visited May 2013
Federal Way, Washington
“Great lunch or dinner spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Wonderful views looking out over Puget sound - what a great spot for lunch or dinner. Delightful specials, great food, a decent wine list, and good service. I was torn between the crab cakes, the scallops, and the salmon sliders - couldn't decide so I went back the next day to ensure I had all three - all the dishes were excellent! The fresh strawberry salad was the perfect starter...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank noworries2000
Maitland, Australia
“Perfect Puget views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful setting with views across the Sound, even on a grey, overcast day. The wait staff were very attentive providing great knowledge of the menu and wine list. Compliments to the wine list, quite extensive. A great menu which catered for five varying tastes. Give it a try when in the Tacoma area.