“Food does not live up to the beautiful atmosphere”
Review of Soul

Soul
Ranked #394 of 774 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Caribbean, Peruvian, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Latin,Caribbean & African American Soul Food. Takes reservations, larger parties ok, with a full bar. Outdoor seating and take out
Reviewed March 22, 2014

What a beautiful setting. Clean, great decor and a lively vibe. Breakfast was very disappointing - none of the 5 of us enjoyed our meal. Maybe dinner is better?

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We ordered way too much and will have food for days. But everything was great. Expect a wait they tell you upon arrival 45 minutes to an hour based on how busy they are. Everything is made fresh. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Fabulous Southern/Puerto Rican food just like grandma's. Just wonderful! Friendly service... Relax, slow down and enjoy..

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Only one other table of two in the restaurant when I arrived. I was greeted pleasantly, then proceeded to wait I don't know how long for water.........never got it until I asked for it, sigh. Fried okra was yummy, fried chicken was ok, greens were very good. Service was very, very slow and not at all acceptable in an almost empty restaurant. I will not return.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Although the name is Soul, the restaurant advertises itself as a Soul/Latin style restaurant. I checked out the menu online and it has a few latin style dishes. When I went for a weekday lunch, the menu was all soul food. The hostess/waitress was the only one working the front. I ordered a fried pork chop with a side of fried cabbage and bacon and collard green and beef. The food was all right, but I don't see how it added up to the price tag. The setting was very nice and suitable for a special occasion dining. But the food (from what I have seen and on the menu), it isn't worth the $$.

1  Thank damiandagger

Been to Soul? Share your experiences!