“A Sunday Brunch to Remember”

C I Shenanigan's Seafood & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
C I Shenanigan's Seafood & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 749 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: McCarver
Description: This classic Tacoma waterfront seafood and steak restaurant has been entertaining guests since 1983. CI's dining room provides warm, casual elegance with sweeping views of the Olympic Mountains and Commencement Bay. During the summer months, join them for casual dining or an impromptu gathering on their spacious deck. Guests enjoy succulent steaks, brilliant fresh seafood and other fine Northwest Cuisine. Choose from an extensive list of Washington and California wines, freshly shaken signature martinis and cosmopolitans; the ultimate accompaniment to any menu choice. Try one of their freshly made desserts to top off the memorable experience. CI's banquet facilities can accommodate parties as small as 10 and as large as 200. Their Special Events Coordinator will be happy to provide all the information and help needed to plan such events. Please come enjoy the service and hospitality of the gracious staff at CI Shenanigans.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“A Sunday Brunch to Remember”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

After church on Sunday, I was treated to an amazing brunch with my son and new daughter-in-law. They selected C.I. Shenanigan's located on Puget Sound. Everything was perfect. Our service was outstanding! Dane took very good care of us. The buffet was jam packed with breakfast and lunch delights. I don't remember ever eating chocolate chip cookies for brunch, but these cookies were sinful! The omelet station and crepe station provided great selections and both lines moved quickly. I would DEFINITELY return on my next visit to Tacoma! The next time you want to have a truly special Sunday Brunch, visit C.I. Shenanigan's. Your tummy will be very grateful!

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Seattle, Washington
“No Complaints”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a series of job interviews to conduct, and each candidate joined our search committee at Shenanigan's for lunch before going into the office. We were almost always among the first of the lunch crowd to arrive. Plenty of parking in front of the restaurant and across the street. Amazing 180-degree view of Commencement Bay and Puget Sound.

We were seated immediately, and the server was almost too attentive. We had a lot of ground to cover in the interview and were interrupted a couple of times, which I didn't appreciate. Other than that, food was tasty, more reasonable than dinner prices, and freshly prepared.

Check was handled as I requested. Nice place to bring clients.

• Visited May 2013
Olympia, WA
“CATERED IN-HOUSE IN EXECUTIVE DINING ROOM”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I'll start of by saying that the restaurant is at a nice setting on the waterfront, and it is very nice and comfortable inside.
I attended a family gathering that was hosted by my cousins for my aunt's birthday. We sat about twenty-four comfortably in the executive dining room. The only problem with the atmosphere was the choice of music that was piped throughout the restaurant - it was only appropriate for a bar setting, not fine dining.
The restaurant set up a buffet in the executive dining room, which included:
Sliced prime rib - tasted good, but not trimmed properly so some pieces were tough.
Turkey - tasted okay, but looked unappealing
Asparagus - tasted good, slightly overcooked
Macaroni and garlic cheese sauce - tasted good
Mashed potatoes - tasted very good and not oily and lumpy
There was a bunch of other stuff, but I only took some of what I mentioned. It was followed up by our choice of many good desserts. I chose the tiramisu and it tasted very good, but the lady fingers were a little soggy. And very importantly, the service was exceptional.
I would recommend it based upon my buffet experience, but I would like to try it agsin as a regular diner. I am reserving my fulll judgment for a personal dining experience.

Visited June 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“LOVED it!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The brunch buffet was GREAT. The omelet was very good, no idea what made it special but it was. The crab legs were fresh and cooked to perfection, who needs butter?? I didn't. The server was friendly and helpful. The Bloody Mary's were also good, and they have a make your own bloody mary bar. I will be back in August.

• Visited June 2013
“Great view, smiling servers, disgusting food.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The salad dressing seemed like it was mostly mayonnaise and the lettuce was brown on the edges. My appetizer was simple ingredients cut but not exactly prepared, just like something I'd make, but hardly dazzling. Then I got an explosive stomach for 24 hrs. I'd recommend this place for drinks and view, but eat at your own risk.

• Visited May 2013