“Good Wednesday happy hour”

C I Shenanigan's Seafood & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
C I Shenanigan's Seafood & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 751 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: McCarver
Description: This classic Tacoma waterfront seafood and steak restaurant has been entertaining guests since 1983. CI's dining room provides warm, casual elegance with sweeping views of the Olympic Mountains and Commencement Bay. During the summer months, join them for casual dining or an impromptu gathering on their spacious deck. Guests enjoy succulent steaks, brilliant fresh seafood and other fine Northwest Cuisine. Choose from an extensive list of Washington and California wines, freshly shaken signature martinis and cosmopolitans; the ultimate accompaniment to any menu choice. Try one of their freshly made desserts to top off the memorable experience. CI's banquet facilities can accommodate parties as small as 10 and as large as 200. Their Special Events Coordinator will be happy to provide all the information and help needed to plan such events. Please come enjoy the service and hospitality of the gracious staff at CI Shenanigans.
Tacoma, Washington
“Good Wednesday happy hour”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Wednesdays are ladies night... and women get special discounts on food, on top of the regular happy hour menu. The wait service was okay, the view spectacular both from the bar and from the patio, the food (with all the discounts) was reasonably priced and tasty. Nurse your drink and stay awhile, I did not feel rushed at all, or pressured to order more.

• Korean first
Gainesville, Virginia
“What's wrong with this picture?”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Nice location, perfect view, nice decor? Not enough. You can see the signs when you walk in. Lots of empty seats a 4 hostesses and wait time. That means that customers won't come back. Food was ok at best. Service was ok at best. What a shame.

Washington
“Good appetizers, great location -- that's about all”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

It was a perfect evening in a perfect location. Gorgeous waterfront view. Crowded outside, so we (party of 5) ate inside. Nice.

It was difficult to get the waitperson’s attention. After drinks, which were overpriced and watered-down bourbon and waters, we finally were able to order appetizers, which were very good: calamari and bacon-wrapped scallops.

The waitperson then came over to take our orders, and, as he explained the menu, he seemed very rushed… hard to follow.

We ordered two different dishes between the five of us: lingcod fish and chips and crab-stuffed prawns wrapped in bacon. Oh, yes, and razor clam chowder, which was overflowing with potatoes. The clams we tasted were pretty good, but didn't have the distinctive razor clam taste we love. Then we saw the specialty appetizers, and we ordered Wild King Salmon Pot Stickers with spicy peanut sauce, kalbi sauce and sweet chili: delicious!

The fish and chips were mushy and pretty tasteless. Should have gone with the cod and chips. We asked for an order of the fish and chips to go for my mother-in-law, but I haven't heard what she thought of them. The prawns had an ever so slight bit of crab meat, and the bacon overpowered the taste of the prawns.

Overall, not a good evening, considering it was a birthday celebration. I tried to email the manager using the email link on their website, but it came back as undeliverable. So I called them and talked to Debbie, one of the managers. Very nice, very apologetic.

There are lots of great restaurants in this gorgeous part of Tacoma, and I may make it back to Shenanigans some day, hoping this was just a one-off evening for them.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“More trained staff needed!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

After waiting for 30mins for a table which was fine as we hadn't booked, we ordered our starters, entrees and drinks. The sprite/7up arrived with the water, no sign of the beer, We waited a while our server came passed our table several times until we reminded him we were missing the beer. No apologies just waited a further 5minutes plus till it arrived again no apologies just placed in front of me. After waiting a further 10 - 15mins we noticed several not just one group but several groups, who arrived 10 - 15 minutes after us, had received their starters and finished them and we were still waiting!!! In all we waited for about 40 minutes from being seated to giving up when ever the starter let alone the dinner should ever arrive. BAD BAD service

Tacoma, Washington
“It USED to be good”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I used to love C I Shenanigans, the food, the location on the water and the staff all were excellent.

Unfortunately, that is all in the past. I always give a restaurant a second chance if I have a less than favorable experience (we all including restaurants have bad days – even though they should always be consistent) and I did the same with C I Shenanigans. Both times the food was a disaster. The first time I went with a friend at night. I ordered the Cod plate along with the Lobster bisque soup. The soup was luke warm but delicious, while the Cod was obviously old. It was very fishy tasting indicating it was less than fresh. My friend ordered the steak which arrived under cooked and she too had the lobster bisque soup which also was luke warm.

On the second chance I went with my family. The food was tasteless skimpy portions for those of us who actually got our food. The lemonade tasted like it had been made from powdered – more water than flavor and the flavor had that processed taste, we had to ask for utensils, refills, and ketchup. I personally had to wait an extra 10 minutes to get my meal beyond when everyone else got theirs – no apologies were given. I can understand when a restaurant is busy and the wait staff is slow to wait on a table or just doesn't get around to check on it, but in our case it was 2:00pm and the restaurant wasn't busy. This visit had other issues; we sat outside in the sun yet had no umbrellas. We were informed that there weren't enough to go around. Needless to say it was the last time we went to this restaurant. It used to be as I said one of our favorites; we always enjoyed the Sunday buffet and had our family birthday parties there - no longer. I don't know what happened to this once great restaurant but it no longer is worth it. I have noticed when restaurants are hurting financially these are the types of things that start occurring. Everyone in our group commented on how the restaurant has gone downhill, we all were greatly disappointed that we no longer would be eating at C I Shenanigans in the future.

Visited May 2012

Been to C I Shenanigan's Seafood & Chop House? Share your experiences!