“great food friendly staff”
Review of Happy Teriyaki

Happy Teriyaki
Ranked #123 of 762 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed June 28, 2014

ordered from this place the first night through grub hub to hotel it was so good went bqack the next night. Highly recommend the John Holmes roll. Certainly all you need for a meal.. Also the teriyaki is good and the help is fun and funny without being overbearing. Good value! After all it is Tacoma

There are newer reviews for Happy Teriyaki

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I use to love coming to Happy Teriyaki ... but during my last visit something changed. I didn't recognize the staff, but the new folks were still pretty friendly.

The menu changed, some of the prices went up and my regular order wasn't prepared the same way ... the new preparation tasted okay, but I still prefer the old way, which is a lot less greasy.

My sushi order wasn't bad, but it was just okay. Given the price increase, I probably won't be ordering sushi in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We found Happy Teriyaki on Groupon and after checking out their menu we decided to give them a try. WOW! Amazing service and Amazing food quality! We went for dinner on Tues. 7/25 around 830pm and even though they close at 9 they were welcoming and did not rush us at all! We each ordered a sushi bento box which came with Tempura veggies & shrimp, a very tasty small salad, teriyaki chicken & rick , 4pcs Calif Roll and 6pcs of Nigiri! All this for only $14.95 each!! We also ordered the Alligator Roll which was basically tempura shrimp and crab with Unagi on top. Everything was awesome & tasted fresh! Their sushi is probably the best tasting and they have the most creative rolls around. Up til now my fav sushi in this area has been twelve moons at Snoqualmie Casino and Happy Teriyaki is on par based on the service and food quality, taste. Although this restaurant is on Pacific right off I5 in Tacoma you would drive right by it if you weren't looking for it. Definitely worth finding. We intend to come back often so really glad we found this place! (Always seem to find the best little places via Groupon....but we will be back Groupon or not! ) =)
Thanks!
Colin & Juan

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The folks here including Tim and his Mom accommodated us on Friday the 19th for a gathering of 20 people. It's small in here but great service, great food and great people.

1  Thank OU4EVR
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Here in town on business and was close to the restaurant here in downtown Tacoma. Ordered the AYCE sushi. The portions were so big, I almost couldn't finish. I only ordered 4 rolls thinking they'd be small but after having complimentary salad, soup and edimame, I was full from the beginning. I recommend this place to anyone visiting.

1  Thank OU4EVR