“Good Casual Dining, Even without Beer”

Harmon Pub & Brewery
Ranked #17 of 764 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Four of us recently ate dinner at the Harmon Pub & Brewery. Interestingly, none of us sampled the beer. The restaurant is a nice addition to downtown Tacoma. The menu emphasizes hamburgers, sandwiches, and pizza. All of us were happy with the quality and quantity of our selections. The Reuben sandwich was flavorful as were the hamburgers and French fries. The French fries were dusted with Parmesan cheese. The cheese did not melt so the overall effect was to make the fries dry. The onion rings, on the other hand, were excellent.

The price of the food was reasonable. Our party of four's bill came to about $60.00. The service was particularly efficient and friendly.

Parking can be difficult in that area. The parking meters are in effect until 8:00 p.m. due to the closeness of the U.W. Tacoma campus. This was the explanation given to me by a parking enforcement person who I ran into after I parked. I'm glad I asked him about this instead of just going into the restaurant.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Harmon's Pub was recommended by our hotel and food/drinks were reasonably priced. Actually, arrived during "Happy Hour" and food choices were good and large portions were served. Waiter was friendly and helpful for our food choices.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Quick service, chewy beer and good location. Close to UW, Tacoma Art Museum and the marina. Give it a try.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Had really good service an d even though they were busy they did an excellent job of serving us for whatever we needed. The decor was unique and was a very layed back atmosphere. Very enjoyable. Would go again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was in Vancouver, Washington at Christmas and went to Seattle as a side trip. We stopped in Tacoma for lunch and found Harmon Brewing co. and decided to try it. I had the fish and fries and without a doubt, It was the best ever. My daughter had the mac and crab and we both were ecstatic over the portion size, taste and prices. The service was excellent even though it was the noon rush hour and the staff was very knowledgeable on ingredients and cooking styles for each dish. A must repeat trip for sure the next time I'm in the northwest.