“Not so great”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
“Not so great”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Service was bad, as always. We got there at 4 pm to be ahead of the evening rush. There was one man clearing lunch tables, waiting on a couple tables, acting as bartender. By 5 pm we couldn't order coffee or dessert or get a check because he was still alone and too busy. By 5:30 there were 2 large groups and one additional server. There were 3 of us and he took 2 coffee orders and then disappeared without asking the 3rd person if they wanted coffee or dessert. The food is usually pretty good. The best blue cheese salad dressing anywhere. The halibut is always excellent. Spaghetti sauce is usually bland and cooked too long but it was pretty good tonight. All in all, this is a quaint place with ok food. Don't go here if you like good service. What I have described is the norm every time I eat here. But I think we will go elsewhere. The Adriatic Grill is much better, as is Marzano's.

Visited March 2014

Staunton, Virginia
“Poor service”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My sister's and I visited this place for the second time. The first time was early afternoon, and it worked out well. This visit was on a Saturday night. It was too crowded, but we found waiting an hour for our order to be a little too much. By the time our entrée arrived, it was lukewarm.

The atmosphere is dark and comfortable, but the service spoiled it for us. Our food might have been better if we could have had it hot. We might return, but it won't be for dinner.

• Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington
“They have meat ravioli”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Very hard to find just meat ravioli, in a red sauce in Tacoma. Ravioli is very good, the sauce is a bit on the sweet side, but tasty and not over salted.

The other dish tried was the cheese filled Tortellini which was very good.

Service was not so great. The salad dishes were not removed until after we finished the main course and by a waiter walking by. Our waitress had four tables and we dined early, near 4pm, so no crowds. So, I only left a 15% tip. This morning I noticed my left overs were crammed into a tiny box that was too small, resulting in the lid had popped open and the sauce had leaked out of the box and into the bag. If I had known that, I would only left a 10% tip.

The food was good enough to go back and try another meal. Decor is very nice.

• Visited December 2013
San Jose, California
“Solid choice in Proctor district”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Calamari appetizer was just OK, but I enjoyed my main course (salad with grilled shrimp), as did others in my party. We would go back again.

Visited August 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“Rob in the bar will make your date night ideal!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late for dinner on a Saturday night, no reservations. It was warm and all the widows were open to the street. The restaurant was still a bit crowded and noisy so we looked to the bar and were immediately accommodated.

Rob and the hostess got us comfortable at the window seat in the bar and Rob made the rest of our date night perfect! He offered wine tasting, recommended dinner options, and was completely attentive during our visit. Oh... The food was really good too... But as you know, the service makes or breaks any dining experience!

Thanks, Rob! Do dinner at Pomodoro in the bar!!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Pomodoro? Share your experiences!