“Great atmosphere!”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 770 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 21st
Description: Dip Into Something Different
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I had my daughter & her boyfriend with me for dinner at The Melting Pot. It was their last night in town during their spring break. Our waiter, Cecil, was fantastic. The food was good, atmosphere great and the manager came to our table several times filling up our water, asking if we needed anything else & was very hospitable. Thank-you to The Melting Pot Team for making our evening special.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Special occasion, 41 years, easy to pick a wonderful place like the Melting Pot. My first time was last year in Lahaina, and this year stayed closer to home. I told the clerk on the phone it was for a special occasion, and she said they had available packages. A quick bit of looking around, and I called back to request the half dozen roses. One of the most artful bouquets I have seen. Servers were attentive without hovering, and the lead waitress provided an excellent explanation of how to safely use the tools to fondue. Slowing down and spending time with my lady is the goal, and taking the time to work our way through the courses allows us to talk, and even goof off a bit. The vegetables were crisp, the sauces and flavorings very good, the meat and seafood of very high quality, and the portions were more than satisfying. Well worth the $$$$.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Fondue is fun. Be careful not to order too much. One or two dishes for two is more than enough. Fun way to eat dinner. Go here occasionally when staying in Tacoma. fyi the ambiance is just one step up from the keg. $$ cost. Reservations are pretty easy to get.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a very nice dinner here. It was relaxing and an experience. The food was sparse but good and the service was also good. This was our first time at a Melting Pot. I am glad we had purchased a Groupon Type deal for this restaurant. It was good for the price we paid, but I doubt I would ever pay full price for what you get. Maybe if it was a super special occasion or if I won the lottery.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is definitely the best place to dine in Tacoma! The staff was courteous and professional. We were on time for our reservation and seated immediately. Our waiter, Victor, was fabulous for working and taking such great care of us on Christmas Eve! The food was excellent; seafood fresh, chocolate exquisite, fruit ripened to perfection. The décor is really upscale, modern and aesthetically clean. A gem and real find in Tacoma, one must usually drive to Seattle for this kind of restaurant ambience and artful cuisine experience.

Been to The Melting Pot? Share your experiences!