“Best Southern Food Anywhere”
Review of Southern Kitchen

Southern Kitchen
Ranked #43 of 764 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We drove for and hour and a half just to try this restaurant and we were not disappointed. The service was friendly, courteous, and prompt. The fried chicken, potatoes (sweet and mashed), vegetables, and corncakes were outstanding. The food was hot and fresh. I would rate this as excellent and will definitely go back again and again.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a great catfish dinner. Service was good.. Very busy, caused the service to be a little slow. In gereral we had a great time.

1  Thank u00mrb
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling and stumbeled on to this bright and colorful reasturant. Breakfast was great I loved the corn meal pancakes, which I had never had before. The other 3 diners in the group were all making sounds of enjoyment while they eat so I think they loved their brearkfast as much as I did. I only wish I had a bigger piece of ham.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I visited and dined here with my wife and son. We are all from the South and we know good food!
This is the place, for good fried chicken and sweet tea. I would have rated it excellent but the chicken was a little over done for me. Still the only true "Southern" food we had and the only fresh sweet tea during our 10 day trip. It is well worth the trip!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love the catfish And the cornbread cakes,great customer service, people come different ethnic backgrounds enjoy the food as well