“Outstanding”

Southern Kitchen
Ranked #48 of 764 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My boyfriend is from Mississippi and he knows Southern cooking. He wrote his mama right away after trying this place. We told her we'd, surprisingly, found good Southern cooking in Tacoma. Warm, friendly wait staff and excellent dishes. Reasonable prices in my mind. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The food is fried and very good. I had the fried chicken, cajun catfish fingers, greens, corn cake and mac and cheese. Loved them all. The place is small and you are tucked in among many folks. The wait can sometimes be long, but it's worth it.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'm from the south and I have to say that this place has a real southern food. My complaint was that for dinner for 2, hush puppies, fried chicken and chicken fried steak came up to over $40.00.
I think it is overpriced for what we got.

1  Thank pamseattle
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Having grown up in the South, this is by far the best food i have had this side of the Mississippi! My family and i go there a couple times a month, just to enjoy the food; its well worth the drive.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Comfort food at a new level! Best meal I've had since leaving Missouri. Small place was packed when we arrived..... didn't mind waiting for a stool at the counter to open up. Was offered a table as soon as one opened but was content at the counter. Best sweet tea served in a large mason jar! Had Fried Chicken, collard greens, and buttered corn... everything was excellent. Highly recommend.