“Best Happy Hour”

Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop & Fishhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop & Fishhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 746 Restaurants in Tacoma
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pacific Avenue
Transit: Pacific Avenue & 34th Street East
Description: Stanley & Seafort's is a Tacoma landmark restaurant with panoramic views overlooking downtown Tacoma and Commencement Bay harbor. Enjoy a daily lunch, dinner or perhaps a special business or romantic occasion in our warm, inviting and spacious dining room. At Stanley & Seafort's, we serve quality American comfort food including USDA-aged prime rib, flavorful Chicken Dijon and fresh and innovative seafood dishes. Originally from Tacoma, our Chef Bo Newcomer has been cooking local and seasonal American fare for more than 15 years. We also serve the best Happy Hour in town with $4.00 drink specials and appetizers like Dungeness Crab Dip, Buffalo Style Chicken wings or the Stanley & Seafort's Tasting Sampler Come experience why we were voted Most Romantic Date spot for 2011 by Komo News Community. Join our longtime friends and frequent visitors who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as our guests.
Tacoma, Washington
“Best Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We love this place for happy hour. All appetizers are 1/2 price and they have great drink specials, and of course you can't beat the view. The wait staff is always friendly and helpful. Dinner is a little pricey and I much prefer HH over it.

• Korean first
WENATCHEE
“Good food and great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

First time here. Really good service, and on a busy night our table was on time. Reservations a must on weekend nights. The service was excellent and there is a children's menu. The food was presented well and very tasty. One desert was enough for two! It was a little noisy but the views were really nice. A taxi ride from our downtown hotel was less than $10.

Hightstown, NJ
“A Regular Stop When on Business in Washington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I visit Seattle and Olympia on business about once per year. I always try to arrange our schedule so that we can have dinner at S&SSCF. The food is excellent and the view of Tacoma cannot be beat! My teams are always impressed.

• Visited April 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good food and wonderful view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

My colleagues and I decided to visit Stanley and Seafort's during our recent stay in Tacoma, as we'd heard the food and the view were great. We visited on a beautiful cloudless day, and the view was indeed gorgeous.

The restaurant interior is warm and welcoming, and the staff friendly and professional. There were seven of us, and our waitress did a magnificent job of juggling all of us with our indecisiveness and changes of mind. I ordered the French onion soup (somehow I have to order this whenever I see it on the menu), and prime rib, cooked to order (medium well). The soup was possibly the best French onion soup I have ever had, and even though it was a huge portion of it, I wanted to lick the bowl. I ordered a medium portion of the prime rib, and it was unfortunately somewhat overcooked and a bit dry. However, it was accompanied by au jus and potent horseradish, which made the prime rib taste delicious. One of my colleagues ordered the halibut; I stole a piece and loved it.

The only (minor) issue was that the water refills were slow coming. I tend to use too much salt, and I get thirsty. I understand that it is difficult to juggle so many people and keep an eye on so many things, so I just took another coworker's water.

All in all, Stanley and Seafort's is a place with wonderful food and views, and it's a bit on the pricey side. It is good for celebrations and special occasions, though bigger parties may receive slower service. Recommended. Bon Apetit!

“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This is my third visit. All 3 times have been wonderful. The food, service and atmosphere are fantastic. Can't beat the view from the dining room.