“wait too long food cold”

Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop & Fishhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanley & Seafort's Steak Chop & Fishhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 757 Restaurants in Tacoma
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pacific Avenue
Transit: Pacific Avenue & 34th Street East
Description: Stanley & Seafort's is a Tacoma landmark restaurant with panoramic views overlooking downtown Tacoma and Commencement Bay harbor. Enjoy a daily lunch, dinner or perhaps a special business or romantic occasion in our warm, inviting and spacious dining room. At Stanley & Seafort's, we serve quality American comfort food including USDA-aged prime rib, flavorful Chicken Dijon and fresh and innovative seafood dishes. Originally from Tacoma, our Chef Bo Newcomer has been cooking local and seasonal American fare for more than 15 years. We also serve the best Happy Hour in town with $4.00 drink specials and appetizers like Dungeness Crab Dip, Buffalo Style Chicken wings or the Stanley & Seafort's Tasting Sampler Come experience why we were voted Most Romantic Date spot for 2011 by Komo News Community. Join our longtime friends and frequent visitors who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as our guests.
lake oswego
“wait too long food cold”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

3 and 1/2 hours too long to wait. food not anywhere near value/cost.$ 20.00 salad ...lettuce wilted pasta cold and wait way too long would never go back.Staff very nice . manager should try to make the food to match the service.

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Olympia, WA
“Great Views”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great views of Tacoma, particularly at night. We had a reservation and were promptly seated when we arrived. Ask for a window seat if it is available. Even though it was cold outside, seated next to the window, we had the luxury of a heater next to the windows.

Service was very attentive but not intrusive. Meal came with buttered bread. We had two of the specials - salmon and sea scallops. Both came with Yukon mashed potatoes and green beans. We also had salads. The food was good, but is expensive.

Since Tacoma is close to military bases, the restaurant offers a very generous military discount of 20% off food and beverages.

• Visited January 2014
Federal way
“Cool atmosphere but couldn't eat stuff on menu”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Went to celebrate a friends birthday. Heard a lot of good stuff about this place which is why I picked it. Figured it would he very expensive. And it is very $$$$. The waitress was very attentive . But I couldn't eat a lot of the stuff there due to my allergy. The waitress tried to help. But I would expect a place like that to be a bit more flexible and have a wider range of selection.

Wauna,Wa.
“Great views, service, and food”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stanley's biggest plus is its consistency. It's not experimental, instead it's menu is extremely well prepared and service is excellent. Drinks, beers on tap and apps with the cozy setting all combine for a great meal overlooking the city and harbor

• Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Great venue, service and atmosphere. Food was okay.”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Went here for the first time for a special occasion. Lovely views. We did have to wait for a window table despite making a booking an extra half hour but well worth it. The place was very busy as it was a Saturday night. Service was friendly and the staff could not have done more. I was disappointed with the food.....maybe I should have ordered a steak, but I went for the 'twice roasted chicken' which I thought was a little dry and nothing special. Chose the shrimp starter, which was pretty good, but somewhat overpriced. The chipotle dressing with them was really good. For dessert I had the pear bread and butter pudding which was really heavy. Maybe I just made some bad food choices, but I really wasn't that impressed. I would go back to this place just because of the views and atmosphere but I would probably go for some other items on the menu. My dinner partner had the lamb chops which he said were excellent.

• Visited December 2013