“nothing consistent about this place”

Anthony's At Point Defiance
Ranked #16 of 751 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Tacoma, Washington
“nothing consistent about this place”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We had great mussels as appetizers. My entree came and it was okay, my husband's was so bad he had to send it back (Ahi tuna that they WAY over-cooked even though they make a point of stating on the menu that it will be (and should be) medium rare). A few years ago, I had such fishy salmon there, I couldn't eat salmon for nearly a year. We decided it was time to give it another try, because we were celebrating a friend's birthday. Blecchhh (though the mussels were indeed perfect) but everything else was not so much. I also agree with a couple of other reviews -- the place is NOISY. There are too many great places to eat, where you know the food is ALWAYS good, to drop $100 at this one. Continues to disappoint me.

• Visited April 2011

Rochester, New York
“Delicious food, great service”
Reviewed May 19, 2009

We had a Friday night dinner at Anthony's on a graduation week-end. The food was wonderful! I had fresh halibut, with a basil flavored crust, in a delicious sauce, with veggies and potatoes. My stepson had salmon, also beautifully prepared. Others at the table had steak, chicken teriyaki (I think that's what it was) and...I forget. But everyone loved the food, the view and the service.

Tacoma, Washington
“The view is not enough”
Reviewed August 24, 2008

I had the mussels and garlic bread. The mussels were fine, but you have to have a real gift to screw up steaming fresh mussels. The broth was boring, not even worth sopping up with the overly salty, spongy wedges of "garlic bread" that the waitress recommended to go with.

My companion had the salmon burger: Weber-bread hamburger roll sopping with mayonnaise, a slice of flacid iceburg lettuce and some tomato. The salmon was farm-raised, reheated, and virtually tasteless. Sides provided were fries and coleslaw, which were fine, but hey, you don't pay $12 for fries and coleslaw.

The view is not enough to warrant a return trip.

2 Thank mysteryb
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Greatest food in Washington and you can sit and watch the scenery.”
Reviewed December 10, 2007

Greatest food in Washington and you can sit and watch the scenery.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Too loud and food is just okay”
Reviewed January 6, 2007

The Tacoma Anthony's is in Point Defiance Park, right on the water like all of the locations at this regional chain. The restaurant is basically one large room, with nothing to absorb sound except for the seats. I could not hear the conversation on the other side of the table during a Saturday night dinner with a group of 7 people. It took forever to get a menu once seated. One of our 7 dishes came out 10 minutes after everyone else got their food. The food was not bad, but not good either. A disappoinment compared with our multiple experiences with the Olympia Anthony's. We will not eat here again.

My wife and I love the Anthony's in Olympia. Now that the Beach House in Purdy has closed, I think it's the best value in the South Sound for good seafood. Not the best, but good, and a terrific value in a nice setting. If you like Anthony's, drive to Olympia.