“Historically great place..horrible pizza”
Review of The Cloverleaf

The Cloverleaf
Ranked #92 of 764 Restaurants in Tacoma
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My parents and Aunt have been coming to Cloverleaf since the 60's as UPS students, then educators in the area and now long retired. I finally had a chance to experience it with a family get together. We ordered the Monster huge size, a pitcher of Bud Light and a couple soft drinks. The place is cool and entertaining to look around at the various collectables and pictures taken throughout the years. You get popcorn to snack on which went well with the beer. The pizza came and all I can say is 'bland'. There was barely a thin layer of tomato sauce..we had to peel off the cheese to even find a hint of red. Heavy on onions and olives and lacking on the meats (all 3 of my pieces didnt have any pepperoni or sausage on them). Worst pizza I have ever had, hands down. The crust was great, a distinct crunch to it made it unique. I also had to go to the bar to get refills of soda, it wasnt very busy, but maybe because we were sitting off to the back and side we were forgotten about. I gave it 2 stars because initially the staff was around and friendly and it is a unique and seemingly fun place to hang out.

With all the other reviews, Im sure this isnt common complain, but it did happen and as it was my 1st time there, I probably wont go back.

1  Thank Paul S

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Thin crispy crust is the finest ever. How do they do it? This crust is like no other. I haven't been there for 35 years. However still the finest. The toppings are excellent. We fly in to SeaTac and make the pilgrimage to the cloverleaf.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Some of the best pizza you can get around, it may take a little bit longer, but if you have friends with you, it makes it worth the wait.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Cloverleaf pizza is of the thinner crust variety. If you like a crisp, thin, crust, this is a great one.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went out to Cloverleaf with friends last night. My husband had eaten there 25 years ago and said the pizza is still just as good as it was back then. The place has a family area as well as a bar. The bar was quieter then the family area. The crust is exceptional and the pizza is delicious.