“Fun and Friendly”

Ranked #34 of 764 Restaurants in Tacoma
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My friends and I went there often until one friend moved away and one friend died. I especailly like the steamers and the garlic bread as well as the cup of "soup" that goes with the steamers. Waiters are friendly. Like sitting outside when the weather is good.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Great place to hangout and see a bunch of locals who you went to high school with. For first timers, the ordering can be a little funky. Just go up to the counter/bar. The patio is great and the view cannot be beat. Food quality is average. They are famous for their pizza and used to deliver quite a bit. It is deep dish and you either love it or hate it. They have some other good options on the menu. Overall, a great place to spend an afternoon or evening with friends.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

When I lived in Gig Harbor this was one of our favorite places to go - one of the best, if not the best pizzas I have ever had. Very casual and laid back - the deck is awesome place to enjoy a beverage, watch the water and the boats and enjoy a slice of pizza.
Unless the rules have changed adults only, this can be good or bad depending on your situation, we liked it, never had to worry about crying or running and jumping kids to spoil the relaxing atmosphere.
Now, whenever we travel back to the Pacific Northwest we make it a point to enjoy either a lunch or dinner here.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The best thing about this place is eating on the porch. It's a good choice for going low key. A simple detail for me was the quality of the ice tea; very tasty and relaxing. A lot of their food is beer battered and I personally grew tired of it, so I pulled it all off and actually really enjoyed the plain cod fish. However, if you aren't that into seafood, I imagine the breading would be a good place to start. They also serve burgers.
WARNING!! No one under 21 ever allowed. I watched them ask a couple to leave because they were carrying an infant with them.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The atmosphere is awesome, the energy is jumping, and the food is really, really good. My favorite is the clams, fresh, hot and plump!

Been to Katie Downs? Share your experiences!