“Better than expected”
Review of My Greek and Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

My Greek and Italian Restaurant
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had pretty low expectations of My Greek based on the outside appearance, but decided to try anyway. We got a gyro Greek salad ($10) and the stuffed chicken ($15). I asked for dressing on the side with the gyro salad (think large traditional Greek salad with gyro meat on top), and they brought it with a very tasty tzatziki, a bland ranch dressing and a flavorless oil dressing. We ended up just using the tzatziki, and were happy with the salad. The stuffed chicken was quite good (stuffed with sauteed spinach and sundried tomatoes) but I'm sure super high in calories (covered with a cream mushroom sauce.).

I found it hard to overlook the traditional Shari's layout and decor, but I hope that people will give them a chance since the food was good and Tacoma has a shortage of Mediterranean options in my opinion.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Tried for the first time, for dinner. Interior still looks/feels very much like a Shari's. Decor not real welcoming, the neon beer signs in the windows should have been our first clue. Bar area is open to the restaurant and was loud.

Menus were slightly confusing and kids meal options were very weak and lacking nutrition (think Kraft Mac and cheese with nothing else accompanying it, fish sticks and fries, etc).

Live music was pleasant and the musicians were surprisingly good.

Food was not bad but nothing impressive/memorable. I had the gyro meat salad. Gyro meat was good but the salad was pretty minimal and the dressing was bland. Service was mediocre.

Overall not impressed. Is probably a good place to grab a gyro and beer in the bar but I would not recommend for a family sit down dinner. Definitely not appealing to families who want even moderately healthy meal options for their kids.

1  Thank Bakerbomb
Reviewed June 10, 2013

So excited that they are opened again! We live In eatonville, so we were able to come in more often when they were in puyallup. But regardless, we come In everytime we are in the area. I've tried several things on the menu...all were nothing but delicious... but I always resort to the myzithra. Its creamy and full of flavor unlike several dry myzithra that I've had. The greek side salad is delicious and their bread and butter is dangerously good! The owner is very involved and always enthusiastic. The place to go for every greek/italian food lover!

1  Thank amead92
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We arrived and were immediately seated. Service was excellent during our visit. We ordered the Original Souvlaki Platter at $24.95 which included four meat skewers, two soups or salads, two sides, focaccia bread, and baklava. The mixed roasted vegetables were an excellent side and the platter came with tzatziki. The baklava was excellent. My only minor complaint would be that the lamb skewers were a little tough. The chicken skewers were very good.

There is a large selection on the menu and we plan on going back.

1  Thank mdcwa
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We had heard about My Greek and Italian Place opening in Tacoma, and decided to give it a try. Authentic food, and a great atmosphere and modest pricing. The entire staff is friendly and very helpful. This place is hoppin!

1  Thank SherylSummers