$105
Shilo Inns Tacoma(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
$103
$123
Courtyard
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

All reviewsparking garageglass museumpancake machinebreakfast selectionfree breakfastgreat pillowswould stay here againpacific aveindustrial areanice hotelwithin walking distanceking suitethe wi fibreakfast roomgreat roomyogurtconvenient location
Reviewed August 31, 2017

I booked this hotel with points and stayed overnight after attending a show at the Tacoma Dome. If you walk down the hill from the hotel, and take a left, there is a free shuttle that takes you directly to the Dome. The room was clean, well kept, and the bed was comfortable, and quiet. There was a nice large flat screen TV that we used after the show. The breakfast had gluten-free Udi's muffins for my husband. This hotel is also within walking distance of the glass museum and the art museum. I would stay here again, and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allison_Hua
Management response:Responded September 6, 2017

Thank you Allison for your review!

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and that everything was close in proximity for you! We look forward to accommodating you in the future!

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

I called this location for a AARP rate, and was placed on a lengthy hold. When Regina, the clerk returned to the line, she gave me an outrageous rate, I asked again if this was an AARP rate to which she placed me on hold again. When she returned the rate was more like it! I asked if they honor our Oregon state tax exempt status to which she replied "yes, just bring you drivers license or ID", I asked to reserve a room and she told me to hold on and when she placed me on hold I was automatically transferred to the holiday in "in the sky" where you make reservations... She should've told me, I can't understand why she couldn't reserve the room herself. The reservation lady in the sky was absolutely rude and hurried, I have never experienced this with holiday inn! Needless to say it was disappointing. So, same questions to the Holiday Inn rep (HI in the sky) regarding rates, either federal or AARP , we are also IHG rewards members and have been for 12 years now, (which BTW we have NEVER been rewarded for or treated in any way special for being, not to mention when they changed from Priority Club to IHG they deleted our hundreds of thousands of points without notifying us Grrrr never got to use them!) When I had signed up for Priority Club 12 years ago, I used a different last name... (Wait, I'm getting to the point....) So, rude HI rep in the sky updated my last name, took my personal and credit card info, reserved the room and without notice transferred me to another department to supposedly earn points for free stays... Yea right! Here's where the fun begins, when we arrived at the hotel the next day the girl at the counter wouldn't/couldn't rent our room because the room was reserved under my previous last name - and despite all of my personal information like address and credit card being the same, I no longer have identification with that last name... Wow! I showed her my reservation confirmation and the personal information update email from rude HI rep in the sky but that didn't suffice. If that wasn't enough the HI rep in the sky reserved a handicap room with two queens for my husband and I. The process took forever and the girl said she had to cancel our reservation all together, get us a room with a king bed which she didn't think they had available plus the rate would be $79 more! Also, my credit card had already been charged the initial reservation because of the late check in... What??!! She had me pulling out lots of identification to prove who I am, I felt like a criminal! Finally, after a long time standing there, we were checked in... And as for honoring Oregon tax exempt residents we were told that Regina misinformed us, we were not given our AARP discount or federal discount and we still paid for the handicap room on the credit card used while reserving , plus this hotel charges for parking! Sad and expensive overnight getaway! Breakfast is in a huge dining room where you need your card key to enter, the pancake machine was broken :( but the breakfast was good; omelets, sausage, biscuits, gravy, etc. The room we finally got was nice; nicely appointed with a view of another room right there, right to the side, level with ours and a building across the way where people walk around in the nude. (i guess we had an unnecessary view after all). The parking lot is multi-level. The hallways are generic and undecorated. But after everything, the message "you are being watched" that appeared on the mirror when the bathroom steamed was just crazy! My husband and I blamed one another but neither of us did it, we had a good laugh though. Will I recommend this hotel? Yes, it's close to everything and it's nice despite the fact that the reservation process is a pain and the bed is hard as a rock and squeaks. I just wish I could somehow be reimbursed for the initial reservation that had to be canceled after all the last name fiasco, or at least compensated for a future stay since I paid twice....

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VJD505
Management response:Responded August 31, 2017

Thank you Victorianna for taking the time to leave a review.

With all being said, you are welcome to contact hotel management to address these concerns. We apologize greatly about your experience and if there is anything we can do to help rectify the situation please feel free to contact us.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

I stayed here for 3 days for work and this is in a good location. Not too far from downtown Tacoma. In fact I walked to some of the restaurants near by. Very well maintained hotel with really friendly staff both at the reception and in the breakfast room. They have good breakfast selection including hot items like egg, sausage or bacon along with usual items like cereal, coffee, juices etc. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Only issue is that if you are coming from out of town, sometimes the Uber drivers don't know where this is since there is no sign on the side of the building or on top. Overall a great place to stay for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Management response:Responded August 14, 2017

Thank you Francis!

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our clean hotel with our exceptionally friendly staff! We are currently working with Uber to have the pin locate right on top of us.
We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

I thought the rooms were done very nicely, very attractive. The breakfast had good choices, seemed well stocked, and there is a nice big dining area. The staff was very friendly. When I went up to the room number I was originally given, the door was ajar and it seemed to be occupied. The front desk was extremely apologetic and immediately gave me a new room, upgrading me to a king suite, with a little living area and a kitchenette. Can't be upset about that! Also, there were some great restaurants in walking distance, "Indochine" and "Elemental Pizza" were pretty cool places. The UW/Tacoma campus is right across the street, and the Museum of Glass is just a couple blocks away. The walking bridge over the road displays a gorgeous array of glass art on the way over there, which is absolutely free to see.

Room Tip: I would say top floor is always best, since you can always hear people walking around above you on lower floors.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Management response:Responded August 9, 2017

Thank you Aellis1989 for your kind review!

We apologize to hear the first room did not work out for you, but are delighted to know your new room was a hit! We are glad to know you enjoyed the walking amenities in the Downtown Tacoma area, and we hope to be able to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Nice hotel, nice room, nearby restaurants. The only thing that bothered - and I get that it's downtown - but they charge to park. The garage is great though - you get on at floor two and take the elevator right to your floor. It's got a separate breakfast area - the breakfast is typical HI Express - so so. Was a dog right next to us that barked.. I'll stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Management response:Responded August 13, 2017

TravelManSouth,

We are sorry to hear there was a dog barking next to you. You are more than welcome at anytime to contact the front desk with any comments or concerns you have during your stay 24/7. We appreciate your comment on the parking garage. We try to make it as simple as possible.

We can't wait for another opportunity to serve you again in the future!