“Really, really nice”

Children's Museum of Tacoma
Ranked #18 of 82 things to do in Tacoma
More attraction details
Owner description: Children of all ages will love the interactive activities and structured play that make learning fun through such exhibits as "Under the Big Top: A Circus Adventure," "Grubby Gardeners" and the "Farmer's Market."
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were just delighted with this neat interactive museum for kids. Our two-year-old grandson didn't want to leave because there were so many fun little activity areas where he could play. There were water cascades, bridges, tunnels and pneumatic pipes where the kids could throw their stuffed animals into for a whirl, only to have them shoot out at the end of their ride. This a nicely designed kids' interactive museum and we would definitely return. BTW - there is no admission fee - just a donation suggestion. Amazing!!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"museum"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Eight of us (5 adults, 3 children ages 1,1, and 3) went to the Children's Museum on a rainy Friday. As others have noted, parking was a challenge. We ended up on a street about two blocks away, but the walk was fine...a little wet but no surprise there. Once inside we stood in line while the cashier explained the donation system to the people ahead of us, who spoke little English. Eventually they understood. We paid our donation, had a safety/manners talk for the kiddos and then were set free. Although the museum isn't big, it's got activities that absolutely mesmerized the kids, especially the 1 year olds with the water and the three year old with the vacuum tubes. They only stopped when they were too tired and hungry to go on. It wasn't crowded that day so they had lots of opportunity to do every activity. There's a little snack bar too for parents who need a cup of coffee. The kids loved it.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This Museum is great for kids from 1 to 8. Every area is well thought out. The play areas - challenges the kids to use their imagination. There is even an art area. Great fun! My Grandchildren - ask to go back again and again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Not as big as some other children's museums, but what it lacks in size it totally makes up for it in imaginative play and art time. My 4 y/o is always asking to go back.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was excited to finally bring my children to the Tacoma Children's Museum and my oldest daughter kept asking "to go to the city". Parking is BAD...if you cant find parking on the street (cheaper) be prepared to park in one of the lots. We went on a Sunday, which meant parking on the street was FREE but of course all stalls were full. We also went late, so it didnt make any sense to pay $5.00 for 30 minutes so my husband let me bring the children in while he waited for a parking spot on the street (.50 vs. $5.00). I just wanted to see if this museum was worth another visit.

VERY NICE staff, considering we walked in 30 minutes til closing. They were cleaning up the cafe but allowed myself and my children to go in to visit. Its a really nice, cozy, little museum. But for the price (by donation, which means most people probably go in for free), who can complain?

Although the nice art area was closed for cleaning before closure, my children had a quick chance to enjoy the museum. THEY LOVED IT!

Due to the size, I dont know how it would be if it were busy? Overall, I really liked the museum, except for the parking situation.