“A Kids Day”

Children's Museum of Tacoma
Ranked #16 of 77 things to do in Tacoma
More attraction details
Owner description: Children of all ages will love the interactive activities and structured play that make learning fun through such exhibits as "Under the Big Top: A Circus Adventure," "Grubby Gardeners" and the "Farmer's Market."
Tacoma, Washington, United States
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Kids Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This Museum is great for kids from 1 to 8. Every area is well thought out. The play areas - challenges the kids to use their imagination. There is even an art area. Great fun! My Grandchildren - ask to go back again and again.

Visited November 2012

• Korean first
“Simple, but great place to let kids be creative.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Not as big as some other children's museums, but what it lacks in size it totally makes up for it in imaginative play and art time. My 4 y/o is always asking to go back.

Tacoma, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very nice...for the price (donation)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was excited to finally bring my children to the Tacoma Children's Museum and my oldest daughter kept asking "to go to the city". Parking is BAD...if you cant find parking on the street (cheaper) be prepared to park in one of the lots. We went on a Sunday, which meant parking on the street was FREE but of course all stalls were full. We also went late, so it didnt make any sense to pay $5.00 for 30 minutes so my husband let me bring the children in while he waited for a parking spot on the street (.50 vs. $5.00). I just wanted to see if this museum was worth another visit.

VERY NICE staff, considering we walked in 30 minutes til closing. They were cleaning up the cafe but allowed myself and my children to go in to visit. Its a really nice, cozy, little museum. But for the price (by donation, which means most people probably go in for free), who can complain?

Although the nice art area was closed for cleaning before closure, my children had a quick chance to enjoy the museum. THEY LOVED IT!

Due to the size, I dont know how it would be if it were busy? Overall, I really liked the museum, except for the parking situation.

Visited October 2012
seattle, wa
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Fun for young kids!`”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We took our 15 month old and she had a blast playing in the water section and the rustic log cabin section but we saw kids of all ages enjoying themselves.

Visited August 2012
port orchard
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun for kids 2 and up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

fairly large place but can still fill up pretty quickly. Several interesting areas including a mechanical bird you can pedal to make the wings flap. Even older kids will enjoy.

Visited July 2012