“Great place for dog, missing pets and road kill”
Review of Josefina's

Josefina's
Ranked #495 of 749 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle
“Great place for dog, missing pets and road kill”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Rather than pursue a more potentially lethal course of action I'll employ this method of retribution for an unforgivably bad meal experience.
My parents are elderly. They both lean on canes when in their best as they can muster upright position. After a lengthy wait at the entrance to this establishment with zero staff present I finally seated them myself to get them off their feet. When an employee finally did make an appearance she immediately assumed an obstinate attitude as we'd seated ourselves, and God forbid, didn't have menus which she now had to fetch.
After another extended wait following menu delivery Gabe Kaplan from Welcome Back Kotter arrives to pursue the surly countenance needed to work this sorry excuse of a restaurant and takes our order.
Two meals arrived shortly thereafter. So maybe the kitchen crew at least has their act together. But there's 3 of us.
I was actually rising from my seat to pitch a fit when after 15 minutes the third meal hadn't arrived. The return of useless employee number 1 finally provided me the chance to inquire where that 3rd meal was hiding. Now she's really pissed and makes it known.
The kitchen apparently hadn't even prepared the third dish as that took forever and I'm still waiting for the tortillas that were supposed to have arrived with one of the entrees from 15 minutes ago.
So Mz. Personality charges back to the kitchen and returns with a filthy tortilla container that has food matter stuck to the outside. It clearly came straight out of the sink and hadn't been washed.
At this point we realized we were beaten and retreated gracefully.
But no.
Mom's got a case of food poisoning kicking in several hours later.
Are ya kiddin' me here?
I told a friend a couple of days later about the worst Mexican restaurant I've ever encountered. Before I could tell him which one he recounted his own horror story.
One guess folks.
Same place.
Do Not Bother.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank vialux

Been to Josefina's? Share your experiences!